SAE J1939 And OBD-II Data Logger Also Serves As A CAN Bus Interface With Streaming And Monitoring Capabilities
The CANvas software for Windows is a 100% free supporting tool for our CAN Bus Logger series. CANvas provides a full suite of powerful features; below you can learn more about configuration, live streaming and conversion.
The CAN Bus Logger series is plug-and-play so you can log data out of the box. However, it is also highly configurable, and CANvas is a great tool for doing so.
As a new feature, the CAN Bus Logger series is no longer “just” a data logger. It now also serves as a fully functional CAN interface, which means you can live stream CAN bus data directly on your PC. With CANvas, it takes just 2 clicks to start streaming.
The GUI is powered by the World’s most popular network analyzer, Wireshark. But it doesn’t end there: The product is also designed to include a free, open source & powerful plugin for Wireshark to infuse a number of critical CAN bus features.
- Logger ID, data separator, file split limit (e.g. new log every 100 MB)
- Bit rate incl. optional auto-detection and Silent/'Listen Only' mode
- Customizable RTC and date/timestamp format (CL2000/3000)
- Cyclic Logging: Delete oldest files when SD card is full
- Heartbeat Signal: Receive status message every second from the logger
- Control Signal: Optionally use custom trigger CAN ID to turn logging on/off
- Transmit: Add custom CAN messages to be sent periodically (e.g. for OBD2)
- Filtering: Specify message filters & down-sampling to focus your logging
- NEW: For the CAN Bus LOGGER 3000, you can also easily configure the WiFi settings
- NEW: Easily log OBD2 parameters with the built-in database
- NEW: Enable WiFi TimeSync to keep your CL3000 RTCs in sync
- NEW: Split log files based on time (time of day or period)
- NEW: Virtually cap the size of the logger's SD card
- For a quick intro, check out the Youtube video...
- For further deep-dive articles on key features, check out the GUIDES section...
- More information on the CANvas software...
- More information on the CAN Bus Logger series...
Wireshark is the world's most popular network analyzer tool with over 1 million downloads per month. As the Founder of Wireshark University, Laura Chappell is undoubtedly one of the best Wireshark instructors around.
In this updated book, Laura offers step-by-step instructions on the key functions and features of Wireshark, including:
- Filter on addresses, protocols, fields or traffic characteristics
- Create custom columns for more efficient analysis
- Find the source of delays with filters and coloring rules
- Perform unattended captures with auto-stop conditions
- Filter on keywords using wildcards and regular expressions
- Graph and compare user, subnet and application traffic
- Reassemble and extract a file from captured traffic
- Identify DNS and HTTP errors fast
- Export important packet details to .csv format
- ...and more
This book includes 46 step-by-step Labs to quickly bring you up to speed with Wireshark version 2 regardless of whether you are a newbie or already working with Wireshark today!
Raspberry Pi HAT Provides Eight Channels Of Analog Voltage Measurement For Data Acquisition And Data Logger Systems
Measurement Computing Corporation announced the release of their MCC 118 voltage measurement DAQ HAT for the Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi is a single board computer in use today. This growing base of Raspberry Pi users, along with open-source software becoming more industry accepted, is driving growth and making single board computer use more prevalent in professional [...]
Ipetronik (Germany) introduced their µCros SL, a data-logger developed for fleet testing purposes. The device is equipped with four Classical CAN measurement inputs and provides Wake-on-CAN function.The IP40-rated data-logger comes in a gold-anodized plastic and aluminum enclosure, and it can be used to monitor specific networks and ECUs. Due to the compact design, the logger can be [...]
CSS (Denmark) has announced its CANLogger3000, a device that stores recorded CAN Bus data on a 16-GiB SD-card. The device is also available within the United States. The logged bus traffic can be retrieved per Wifi connection at up to 70 Mbit/s or via USB. In stationary mode, the data-logger is able to connect to a Wifi [...]
Vehicle Computer With SAE J1939 Interface For Utility Vehicles, Agricultural And Construction Machines
Syslogic has announced their VSL Compact 81 vehicle computer as part of its mobile computing range. The computers are used in trains, busses, and even automated guided vehicles (AGVs) in construction as well as agricultural machinery.All electronic components are firmly soldered in the vehicle computer, which also has no moving parts. Instead of rotating memory, industrial [...]