Veethree Instruments introduced their Veecan 320, a 3.5" display that provides CAN Bus (SAE J1939), USB, and EIA-232 connectivity. The front panel is IP66-rated, while the back is IP67-rated. This makes this 3.5-inch display suitable for commercial vehicles.
The CAN Bus connectable device also provides seven analog inputs, three digital inputs, and four switched outputs. It features an internal buzzer. There are two CAN Bus ports supporting SAE J1939 data as well as OEM-specific CAN frames.
The color display with 320 x 240 pixel resolution is sunlight viewable. It is based on Freescale’s iMX 286 processor running at 454 MHz. The flash memory has a capacity of 128 MiB.
Application programmers can use the provider’s SDK (software developers kit) and software library. Software can be tested on the PC with the built-in on-screen PC simulator.
The U.S. company also offers program development services by "undertaking the work, testing the code, and deliver a fully functioning end product in a short lead-time.”
- 3.5” color display – fully sunlight viewable
- 7 analog inputs, 3 digital inputs, 4 switched outputs, (2) CAN 2.0B connections and 1 USB 2.0 port.
- The unit comes loaded to monitor key engine parameters including J1939 and TIER 4 information.
- The unit is fully sealed to IP 66 (front) and IP 67 (back) using two 12 way Deutsch connectors and one USB 2.0 port.
- Software programmers and engineers can configure the unit to fit their application using our SDK (Software Development Kit).
Arduino-Due-Based USB Gateway With Two CAN Bus Ports
The Due Core is a compact version of the Arduino DUE. It integrates all peripherals required for the MCU, and all GPIO are connected to 2.54mm connectors. As a standard MCU core, the board has the following features:
- Compact size: All components are put on a 54 x 58mm 4-Layers PCB. All IOs are connected to a 116-pin 2.54 standard connector.
- Easy to use: All IOs are connected to 116pin 2.54 standard connector. It requires only a 5 VDC power supply to make it work.
- Stable design: High-quality 4-layer PCB layout, two 5V to 3.3V LDO onboard, one for digital and one for analog processing. Separate AVCC and AGND, to ensure optimum analog performance.
- Easy to set up the development environment: Uploading sketches through standard 6-pin UART interface, standard Micro usb connector, full use of existing resources.
- User-friendly design: Rich LED status indication, two onboard buttons, one is for MCU reset, and one is for Flash Erase. Unique jumper erase protection against the flash erased by mistake.
- Rich resources: All IOs are available for the user. The onboard I2C EEPROM is designed to compensate for the shortcomings of the standard SAM3X8E, which has no built-in EEPROM.
The jCOM.DUE.CORE-B board is powered either by the USB port connection (either the programming or native USB) or through an external power supply supporting an input voltage of 7 to 36 VDC.
The Curtis-Wright WM-580 CANBus joystick, available under the Williams Controls product brand, is designed for off-highway vehicles.Williams worked directly with equipment operators on product designs under the supervision of a kinesiologist. The resulting grip and control options are designed to minimize user fatigue and repetitive stress risk, while maximizing comfort, said the company. The input motions are [...]
In-Vehicle System With SAE J1939 Port For Fleet Management Systems And Internet-of-Things Applications
The fanless PL-81880 in-vehicle computer by Win Enterprises (USA) was designed for fleet management system (FMS) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications.From an IoT (Internet of Things) viewpoint, a vehicle is similar to an industrial manufacturing facility. It has sensors and actuators much like you would find on a manufacturing line and, likewise, a huge amount of data is [...]
As part of our business strategy of providing prototyping solutions for the CAN Bus (including SAE J1939, ISOBUS, NMEA 2000) we have decided to focus more on the Arduino platform, specifically the Arduino Due. The Due, while providing the power of an ARM Cortex M3 processor, comes with two CAN Bus ports per default, however, lacking the [...]
Ipetronik (Germany) introduced their µCros SL, a data-logger developed for fleet testing purposes. The device is equipped with four Classical CAN measurement inputs and provides Wake-on-CAN function.The IP40-rated data-logger comes in a gold-anodized plastic and aluminum enclosure, and it can be used to monitor specific networks and ECUs. Due to the compact design, the logger can be [...]
As I had mentioned in my post, Arduino DUE CORE Board With Dual CAN Bus Interface And Extended Power Supply Range, our business strategy is providing prototyping solutions for the CAN Bus (including SAE J1939, ISOBUS, NMEA 2000), and, in the months to follow, we will increase our focus on the Arduino platform, specifically the Arduino Due. Now [...]
Mentor, a Siemens business, introduced their Capital Systems Networks, an advanced software tool engineered to speed and simplify the creation of in-vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN Bus) communications networks based on the SAE J1939 standard for diesel engines. The solution provides a technology to help engineers rapidly develop, optimize and validate SAE J1939 networks. Commonly deployed in heavy-duty commercial [...]
WABCO Holdings Inc., a global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, announced the launch of TRAXEE™, its new Fleet Management System (FMS), which is designed to meet the specific needs of operators of small to medium-size commercial fleets. The onboard unit connects to the truck’s CAN Bus / SAE J1939 system.The FMS [...]
As part of our business strategy of providing prototyping solutions for the CAN Bus (including SAE J1939, ISOBUS, NMEA 2000) we have decided to focus more on the Arduino platform, specifically the Arduino Due. The Due, while providing the power of an ARM Cortex M3 processor, comes with two CAN Bus ports per default, however, lacking [...]
Innodisk, a company based in Taiwan, introduced their EMUC-B202 module, designed for CAN Bus applications and Fleet Management tasks using SAE J1939.The product can be installed via mPCIe or USB pin header. It features ESD protection, and supports a temperature range from -40 °C to +85 °C plus galvanic isolation. A SocketCAN software driver is available.Product Features CANbus 2.0B [...]