PiCAN2 - CAN Interface for Raspberry Pi With SMPS
Free Shipping Within The United States!
Raspberry Pi 4 Compatibility
The SMPS version of the PiCAN board is currently not suitable for the new Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. The RPi 4 requires a 5VDC@3Amp power supply, while the SMPS supplies only 1 Amp.
- CAN v2.0 A/B at 1 Mb/s
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN connection via standard 9-way sub-D connector or screw terminal
- Compatible with OBDII cable
- Solder bridge to set different configuration for DB9 connector
- 120Ω termination resistor
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Foot print for two mini push buttons
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- 5VDC 1A SMPS to power Raspberry Pi and accessories from DB9 or screw terminal
- Reverse polarity protection
- High efficiency switch mode design
- 6 VDC to 20 VDC input range
Installing CAN and Python Tools
- User guide...
- Schematic Rev B...
- Python3 examples in Github...
- Example 2...
- Example 3...
- Troubleshooting your PiCAN2 CAN Interface Board for Raspberry Pi...
- PiCAN2 CAN Bus Board for Raspberry Pi - Functionality Test...
- Raspberry Pi PICAN2 Functionality Test With Two PICAN2 HATs...
Connections (Pins) Used On 40-Pin Header
The PiCAN2 CAN Bus interface board uses the highlighted pins on the Raspberry Pi's 40-pin header.
- Programming the Raspberry Pi, Second Edition: Getting Started with Python...
- Raspberry Pi User Guide...
- Raspberry Pi Projects for the Evil Genius...
- What is Debian Jessie?...
- Raspberry Pi Proven To Withstand Extended Temperature Range...
- SAE J1939 ECU Simulator and Data Monitor for Raspberry Pi...
- The Raspberry Pi SPI Interface...
- Monitoring SAE J1939 Data Using The Raspberry Pi Plus PiCAN2 CAN Bus Interface Board...
- OBD-II Data Logging With Raspberry Pi And PiCAN2 CAN Bus Interface...
OBD2 And SAE J1939 Cables:
- OBD2 16Pin to DB9 Adapter Cable - Use Board Settings for OBD-II
- OBD2 16pin Cable Open End - Use Board Settings for OBD-II
- SAE J1939 9pin Cable to DB9 Female - Use Board Settings for Standard CAN
- SAE J1939 9pin Cable Open End - Use Board Settings for Standard CAN
Plastic Enclosure for PiCAN2 and Raspberry Pi 2/3
This is a two part clip together plastic enclosure for use with the PiCAN2 board and the Raspberry Pi 2/3. The enclosure is made from High Impact Polystyrene HIPS UL94-HB material. Mounting flanges allow for wall mounting.
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and explore its features
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Write Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Use strings, lists, functions, and dictionaries
- Work with modules, classes, and methods
- Create user-friendly games using Pygame
- Build intuitive user interfaces with Tkinter
- Attach external electronics through the GPIO port
- Add powerful Web features to your projects