PiCAN2 - CAN Interface for Raspberry Pi With SMPS
Free Shipping Within The United States!
This PiCAN2 board provides Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus capabilities for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver. Connection are made via DB9 or 3-way screw terminal.
The PiCAN2 board with SMPS includes a switch mode power suppler to power Raspberry Pi and accessories through the DB9 connector or the screw terminal block.
There is an easy-to-install SocketCAN driver, and programming can be accomplished in C or Python.
The Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) allows connecting an input voltage range of 6 VDC to 20 VDC suitable for industrial and automotive applications and environments.
Raspberry Pi 4 Compatibility
The SMPS version of the PiCAN board is currently not suitable for the new Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. The RPi 4 requires a 5VDC@3Amp power supply, while the SMPS supplies only 1 Amp.
- CAN v2.0 A/B at 1 Mb/s
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN connection via standard 9-way sub-D connector or screw terminal
- Compatible with OBDII cable
- Solder bridge to set different configuration for DB9 connector
- 120Ω termination resistor
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Foot print for two mini push buttons
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- 5VDC 1A SMPS to power Raspberry Pi and accessories from DB9 or screw terminal
- Reverse polarity protection
- High efficiency switch mode design
- 6 VDC to 20 VDC input range
Installing CAN and Python Tools
- User guide...
- Schematic Rev B...
- Python3 examples in Github...
- Example 2...
- Example 3...
- Troubleshooting your PiCAN2 CAN Interface Board for Raspberry Pi...
- PiCAN2 CAN Bus Board for Raspberry Pi - Functionality Test...
- Raspberry Pi PICAN2 Functionality Test With Two PICAN2 HATs...
Connections (Pins) Used On 40-Pin Header
The PiCAN2 CAN Bus interface board uses the highlighted pins on the Raspberry Pi's 40-pin header.
- Programming the Raspberry Pi, Second Edition: Getting Started with Python...
- Raspberry Pi User Guide...
- Raspberry Pi Projects for the Evil Genius...
- What is Debian Jessie?...
- Raspberry Pi Proven To Withstand Extended Temperature Range...
- SAE J1939 ECU Simulator and Data Monitor for Raspberry Pi...
- The Raspberry Pi SPI Interface...
- Monitoring SAE J1939 Data Using The Raspberry Pi Plus PiCAN2 CAN Bus Interface Board...
- OBD-II Data Logging With Raspberry Pi And PiCAN2 CAN Bus Interface...
OBD2 And SAE J1939 Cables:
- OBD2 16Pin to DB9 Adapter Cable - Use Board Settings for OBD-II
- OBD2 16pin Cable Open End - Use Board Settings for OBD-II
- SAE J1939 9pin Cable to DB9 Female - Use Board Settings for Standard CAN
- SAE J1939 9pin Cable Open End - Use Board Settings for Standard CAN
Plastic Enclosure for PiCAN2 and Raspberry Pi 2/3
This is a two part clip together plastic enclosure for use with the PiCAN2 board and the Raspberry Pi 2/3. The enclosure is made from High Impact Polystyrene HIPS UL94-HB material. Mounting flanges allow for wall mounting.
Learn to create inventive programs and fun games on your powerful Raspberry Pi―with no programming experience required. This practical book has been revised to fully cover the new Raspberry Pi 2, including upgrades to the Raspbian operating system. Discover how to configure hardware and software, write Python scripts, create user-friendly GUIs, and control external electronics. DIY projects include a hangman game, RGB LED controller, digital clock, and RasPiRobot complete with an ultrasonic rangefinder.
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and explore its features
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Write Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Use strings, lists, functions, and dictionaries
- Work with modules, classes, and methods
- Create user-friendly games using Pygame
- Build intuitive user interfaces with Tkinter
- Attach external electronics through the GPIO port
- Add powerful Web features to your projects