SAE J1708 To SAE J1939 Gateway for Vehicle Telematics and Fleet Management
The MasterCAN V-Gate module reads messages from an SAE J1587 and SAE J1939 network, filters and merges the data into single SAE J1939 messages, and transfers the processed data via the output CAN Bus interface. The converter is suitable for vehicles and machinery equipped with SAE J1708 (SAE J1587) networks.
The device input signals may be:
- PGNs (Parameter Group Numbers) according to SAE J1939/71
- PGNs (Parameter Group Numbers) according to ISOBUS
- MID/PID data according to SAE J1708, SAE J1587
The MasterCAN V-GATE automatically and simultaneously receives SAE J1939 and SAE J1708 (SAE J1587 protocol) data. The MasterCAN device analyzes the received data, filters out a pre-configured set of most valuable PGNs, generates SAE J1939 messages (PGNs), and transmits them using the CAN/SAE J1939 output interface.
The converted messages are valuable for fleet management systems such as telematics devices and GPS trackers.
- Versatility for vehicles – reading all available J1939/71 standard parameters;
- Flexible configuration — easy selection of input and output messages;
- Creating a cumulative fuel consumption counter based on engine fuel rate data from SPN 183;
- CAN interface supports multiple J1939/71 and ISObus protocol messages;
- Can work in “active requests” mode, as well as in “sniffer” and “hidden” modes;
- User-friendly and straightforward service software for configuration
- Detailed technical documentation.
SAE J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator
The JCOM.J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator is designed to allow the experienced engineer as well as the beginner to experiment with SAE J1939 data communication without the need of connecting to a real-world J1939 network, i.e., a diesel engine.
In order to establish a network, you need at least two nodes. That fact applies especially to CAN/J1939, where the CAN controller will shut down after transmitting data without receiving a response. For that reason, our jCOM.J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator consists of two J1939 nodes, namely our jCOM.J1939.USB, an SAE J1939 ECU Simulator Board With USB Port.
The jCOM.J1939.USB gateway board is a high-performance, low-latency vehicle network adapter for SAE J1939 applications. The board supports the full SAE J1939 protocol according to J1939/81 Network Management (Address Claiming) and J1939/21 Transport Protocol (TP).