MasterCAN V-Gate - SAE J1939 & SAE J1708 To SAE J1939 Gateway
|Sorry, we are currently out of inventory, but feel free to pre-order and reserve your unit(s). Expected release date is Jun 17th 2022|
Free Shipping Within The United States!
Before You Buy, Please Consider...
- The MasterCAN V-Gate translates only a sub-set, i.e., the most important vehicle data from J1708 into J1939. For a list of transmitted PGN please refer below to paragraph "MasterCAN V-Gate Output Messages." Please make sure, the list includes the data you need for your application.
- In order to configure the RS232/485, you will need to add the MasterCAN S6 SK Service Adapter to the order!
The MasterCAN V-Gate module reads messages from an SAE J1587 and SAE J1939 network, filters and merges the data into single SAE J1939 messages, and transfers the processed data via the output CAN Bus interface. The converter is suitable for vehicles and other machinery equipped with SAE J1708 (SAE J1587) networks.
The MasterCAN V-GATE automatically and simultaneously receives SAE J1939 and SAE J1708 (SAE J1587 protocol) data. The MasterCAN device analyzes the received data, filters out a pre-configured set of most useful PGNs, generates SAE J1939 messages (PGNs), and transmits them using the CAN/SAE J1939 output interface.
The MasterCAN data converter series by Technoton serves as an interfacing and transformation tool between CAN J1939/71, J1708 (SAE J1587), and RS-485/232 (Modbus RTU) communication devices, designed for vehicle telematics (GPS vehicle tracking) and industrial automation (IIoT).
The MasterCAN data converter is suitable for integrated sensors and peripherals with different interfaces into single telematics and remote management system. It filters J1939/71 data (PGNs) and Modbus messages and simplifies the configuration of a terminal unit for tracking, controller, and display.
- Versatility – can be used for vehicle telematics, IIoT applications, industrial automation projects
- Flexible configuration of input/output SPN, Modbus registers, data baud rate using service software
- Safe CAN bus and J1708 bus reading using contactless readers (optional)
- Conformity with automotive standards of the EU and EAEU
- Power supply from on-board electrical network without extra power adapters
MasterCAN V-GATE Design
- CAN/SAE J1939 Input Connector
- SAE J1708 Input Connector
- CAN1 LED - Indicating Data Reception
- CAN2 LED - Indicating Data Transmission
- RS232 LED - Indicating Data Reception
- SAE J1708 LED - Indicating Data Reception
- Power LED
- CAN/SAE J1939 Output Connector
- RS232/485 Output Connector
- Supply Voltage: 10 to 45 VDC
- Current consumption at 12 VDC: Not more than 100 mA
- Current consumption at 24 VDC: Not more than 50 mA
- Operating Temperature: -40C to +85C
- Protection: IP40
- Weight: 0.15 kg = 0.33 lbs.
Content of Delivery
MasterCAN V-GATE Output Messages
In order to determine the nature of data containing PGNs, you will need to purchase the SAE J1939-71 Standard. J1939-71 specifies the application layer for a J1939 network, and it is responsible for defining all application layer SPNs and PGNs. Also included in this specification are parameters, offset, scaling, and acceptable range.
However, the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) also offers a digital form of SAE J1939-71, called J1939DA (Digital Annex). The digital annex is a Microsoft Excel file that contains all PGNs and their description. It can be sorted and searched for easier use. It comes with a hefty price tag of $260 (at the time of this writing), but it is well worth the investment as it will help with your project.
- Telematics PGN
- 63233 - Message 1
- 63234 - Message 2
- 63235 - Message 3
- 63236 - Message 4
- FMS PGN
- 61440 Electronic retarder controller 1
- 61443 Electronic engine controller 2
- 61444 Electronic engine controller 1
- 61445 Electronic transmission controller 2
- 64777 High resolution fuel consumption (liquid)
- 64932 PTO drive engagement
- 64933 Door control 2
- 64977 FMS-standard interface identity/Capabilities
- 65102 Door Control 1
- 65110 Aftertreatment 1 diesel exhaust fluid tank 1 information
- 65112 Air suspension control 4
- 65131 Driver's identification
- 65132 Tachograph
- 65136 Combination vehicle weight
- 65198 Air supply pressure
- 65216 Service information
- 65217 High resolution vehicle distance
- 65237 Alternator information
- 65253 Engine hours, revolutions
- 65254 Time/Date
- 65527 Fuel consumption (liquid)
- 65258 Vehicle Weight
- 65260 Vehicle identification
- 65262 Engine temperature 1
- 65265 Cruise control/Vehicle Speed 1
- 65266 Fuel economy (liquid)
- 65269 Ambient conditions
- 65276 Dash Display
MasterCAN Configuration Adapter & Software
SAE J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator
The JCOM.J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator is designed to allow the experienced engineer as well as the beginner to experiment with SAE J1939 data communication without the need of connecting to a real-world J1939 network, i.e., a diesel engine.
In order to establish a network, you need at least two nodes. That fact applies especially to CAN/J1939, where the CAN controller will shut down after transmitting data without receiving a response. For that reason, our jCOM.J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator consists of two J1939 nodes, namely our jCOM.J1939.USB, an SAE J1939 ECU Simulator Board With USB Port.
The jCOM.J1939.USB gateway board is a high-performance, low-latency vehicle network adapter for SAE J1939 applications. The board supports the full SAE J1939 protocol according to J1939/81 Network Management (Address Claiming) and J1939/21 Transport Protocol (TP).