PiCAN2 Duo CAN-Bus Board for Raspberry Pi 2/3 With SMPS
This PiCAN2 DUO board provides two independent CAN-Bus interfaces for the Raspberry Pi 2. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver. Connections are made via a 4-way screw terminal. This board also comes with a 5v 1A SMPS that powers the Raspberry Pi as well via the screw terminal.
Easy to install SocketCAN driver. Programming can be done in C or Python.
The Switch mode power supply (SMPS) allows connecting an input voltage range of 6 VDC to 30 VDC suitable for industrial and automotive applications and environments.
- CAN v2.0B at 1 Mb/s
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN connection screw terminal
- 120Ω terminator ready
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 and can1 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25 and GPIO24
- 5VDC 1A SMPS to power Raspberry Pi and accessories from screw terminal
- Reverse polarity protection
- High efficiency switch mode design
- 6v to 20v input range
Debian Jessie (And Newer) Modifications
Linux CAN Driver Patch
- What is Debian Jessie?
- Raspberry Pi Proven To Withstand Extended Temperature Range
- SAE J1939 ECU Simulator and Data Monitor for Raspberry Pi
Learn to create inventive programs and fun games on your powerful Raspberry Pi―with no programming experience required. This practical book has been revised to fully cover the new Raspberry Pi 2, including upgrades to the Raspbian operating system. Discover how to configure hardware and software, write Python scripts, create user-friendly GUIs, and control external electronics. DIY projects include a hangman game, RGB LED controller, digital clock, and RasPiRobot complete with an ultrasonic rangefinder.
- Updated for Raspberry Pi 2
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and explore its features
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Write Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Use strings, lists, functions, and dictionaries
- Work with modules, classes, and methods
- Create user-friendly games using Pygame
- Build intuitive user interfaces with Tkinter
- Attach external electronics through the GPIO port
- Add powerful Web features to your projects