SAE J1939 And OBD-II Data Logger Also Serves As A CAN Bus Interface With Streaming And Monitoring Capabilities
The CANvas software for Windows is a 100% free supporting tool for our CAN Bus Logger series. CANvas provides a full suite of powerful features; below you can learn more about configuration, live streaming and conversion.
The CAN Bus Logger series is plug-and-play so you can log data out of the box. However, it is also highly configurable, and CANvas is a great tool for doing so.
As a new feature, the CAN Bus Logger series is no longer “just” a data logger. It now also serves as a fully functional CAN interface, which means you can live stream CAN bus data directly on your PC. With CANvas, it takes just 2 clicks to start streaming.
The GUI is powered by the World’s most popular network analyzer, Wireshark. But it doesn’t end there: The product is also designed to include a free, open source & powerful plugin for Wireshark to infuse a number of critical CAN bus features.
- Logger ID, data separator, file split limit (e.g. new log every 100 MB)
- Bit rate incl. optional auto-detection and Silent/'Listen Only' mode
- Customizable RTC and date/timestamp format (CL2000/3000)
- Cyclic Logging: Delete oldest files when SD card is full
- Heartbeat Signal: Receive status message every second from the logger
- Control Signal: Optionally use custom trigger CAN ID to turn logging on/off
- Transmit: Add custom CAN messages to be sent periodically (e.g. for OBD2)
- Filtering: Specify message filters & down-sampling to focus your logging
- NEW: For the CAN Bus LOGGER 3000, you can also easily configure the WiFi settings
- NEW: Easily log OBD2 parameters with the built-in database
- NEW: Enable WiFi TimeSync to keep your CL3000 RTCs in sync
- NEW: Split log files based on time (time of day or period)
- NEW: Virtually cap the size of the logger's SD card
- For a quick intro, check out the Youtube video...
- For further deep-dive articles on key features, check out the GUIDES section...
- More information on the CANvas software...
- More information on the CAN Bus Logger series...
Wireshark is the world's most popular network analyzer tool with over 1 million downloads per month. As the Founder of Wireshark University, Laura Chappell is undoubtedly one of the best Wireshark instructors around.
In this updated book, Laura offers step-by-step instructions on the key functions and features of Wireshark, including:
- Filter on addresses, protocols, fields or traffic characteristics
- Create custom columns for more efficient analysis
- Find the source of delays with filters and coloring rules
- Perform unattended captures with auto-stop conditions
- Filter on keywords using wildcards and regular expressions
- Graph and compare user, subnet and application traffic
- Reassemble and extract a file from captured traffic
- Identify DNS and HTTP errors fast
- Export important packet details to .csv format
- ...and more
This book includes 46 step-by-step Labs to quickly bring you up to speed with Wireshark version 2 regardless of whether you are a newbie or already working with Wireshark today!
Just to mention it upfront, this is not a product we offer through our business. This post is merely a result of our constant market research, which we like to share with our customers. Products like the VDIAGTOOL ELM327 Wifi OBD2 Scanner are also a constant reminder for us, not to enter an over-saturated market but [...]
This CAN-Bus ECU simulator by SK Pang Electronics uses the popular mbed NXP LPC1768 module. It is useful for testing OBD-II interfaces and writing diagnostic software. ECU PIDs parameters are adjustable via menu options.The mbed NXP LPC1768 is an easy-to-use MCU development board designed for rapid prototyping. At its heart is a powerful 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 processor running [...]
We have just finished the development of our jCOM.CAN.BTS product, a CAN Bus and OBD-II scanner device with Bluetooth connection (the image to the left shows the development setup). The device scans for user-defined CAN message frames and transmits them per Bluetooth to a PC or Android phone or tablet (A BLE - Bluetooth Low [...]
Ruggon (Taiwan) has announced their MT7010 device, an Android-based terminal suitable for platoon and fleet management. The company has launched the MT7010 rugged mobile terminal with a touchscreen display. The product is suitable for a diverse range of applications, including in-cab vehicle navigation, electronic logging, trip and route management, critical event reporting, and trailer and vehicle monitoring. [...]
CSS (Denmark) has announced its CANLogger3000, a device that stores recorded CAN Bus data on a 16-GiB SD-card. The device is also available within the United States. The logged bus traffic can be retrieved per Wifi connection at up to 70 Mbit/s or via USB. In stationary mode, the data-logger is able to connect to a Wifi [...]
The ECUsim 2000 by ScanTool is an OBD simulator for OBD-II software and hardware testing and development. The 2000 is available in 3 editions which offer varying levels of user control. The Professional & Ultimate editions feature over 40 software commands that provide complete administration of the simulator, and allow you to create custom ECUs, add/delete DTCs [...]
The MVS series of electronic control units (ECU) by Nexcom features CAN connectivity, and it provides up to four slots for mini-PCIe modules. The modular vehicle computers are equipped with Intel’s 6th generation Core processors on the MVS 5600-IPK or with the Atom processor on the MVS 2620-IPK. The MVS series can aggregate real-time vehicle information from micro-controller [...]
Open Source, Fully Programmable OBD-II Adapter Compatible with Particle Photon and Particle Electron
This is the ultimate programmable OBD-II dongle. Completely open source with a growing community! When you combine Carloop with Particle Photon or Particle Electron, you can access all CAN signals on your vehicle and send data to the cloud. You can create your own applications that read data from your car in real-time. You car has [...]
An important part of our business at Copperhill Technologies is providing custom engineering services and consulting, primarily for Controller Area Network (CAN) and SAE J1939 technologies. Our strengths, skills, and passions include embedded hardware and software development, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing support. We guide our customers through the entire project cycle from development to finished [...]