Raspberry Pi Not Included!
The PiCAN FD Duo board provides two-channel CAN-Bus FD capability for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2517FD CAN controller with MCP2562FD CAN transceiver. Connections are made via 4-way screw terminal. A real-time clock with battery back up (battery not included) is also on the board.
The advanced CAN FD bitrate extends the length of the data section to up to 64 bytes per frame and a data rate of up to 8 Mbps.
- Microchip MCP2517FD CAN Controller
- Microchip MCP2562FD CAN transceiver
- Arbitration Bit Rate u pto 1Mbps
- Data Bit Rate upto 8Mbps
- CAN FD Controller modes
- Mixed CAN 2.0B and CAN FD mode
- CAN Bus 2.0B mode
- Conforms to ISO 11898-1:2015
- High speed SPI Interface
- CAN Bus connection via 4 way terminal
- 120 Ohm terminator ready
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Four fixing holes, comply with Raspberry Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25 and 05
- RTC with battery backup (battery not included)
CAN Bus Screw Terminals
The CAN Bus connection is accomplished via the 4-way screw terminals:
Note: The 12 VDC power supply connection is only used on the PiCAN2 FD Duo board with SMPS (Switch-Mode Power Supply) option.
There are two 120 Ohm termination resistors fitted to the board. To use the terminator solder a 2-way header pin to JP1 and JP2, then insert a jumper.
Furthermore, there is a red LED fitted to each channel; they are connected to the Raspberry Pi's GPIO04 and GPIO26.