|Sorry! We are currently out of inventory, but please feel free to pre-order. Expected release date is May 14th 2021|
Free Shipping Within The United States!
The PiCAN FD Duo board provides two-channel CAN-Bus FD capability for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2517FD CAN controller with MCP2562FD CAN transceiver. The connection is made via a 4-way screw terminal. A real-time clock with battery backup (battery not included) is also on the board.
The advanced CAN FD bitrate extends the data section's length to up to 64 bytes per frame and a data rate of up to 8 Mbps.
- Microchip MCP2517FD CAN Controller
- Microchip MCP2562FD CAN transceiver
- Arbitration Bit Rate u pto 1Mbps
- Data Bit Rate upto 8Mbps
- CAN FD Controller modes
- Mixed CAN 2.0B and CAN FD mode
- CAN Bus 2.0B mode
- Conforms to ISO 11898-1:2015
- High speed SPI Interface
- CAN Bus connection via 4 way terminal
- 120 Ohm terminator ready
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Four fixing holes, comply with Raspberry Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25 and 05
- RTC with battery backup (battery not included)
- Battery type is CR1220
CAN Bus Screw Terminals
The CAN Bus connection is accomplished via the 4-way screw terminals:
Note: The 12 VDC power supply connection is only used on the PiCAN2 FD Duo board with SMPS (Switch-Mode Power Supply) option.
There are two 120 Ohm termination resistors fitted to the board. To use the terminator solder a 2-way header pin to JP1 and JP2, then insert a jumper.
Furthermore, there is a red LED fitted to each channel; they are connected to the Raspberry Pi's GPIO04 and GPIO26.
- MCP2517FD CAN Controller data sheet (PDF)...
- MCP2562FD CAN transceiver data sheet (PDF)...
- Schematic - Contact Us...
- User Manual - Contact Us...
- PICAN-FD Python Programming Examples (Github)...
- PiCAN FD Functionality Test - CAN Bus FD Duo Board with Real Time Clock for Raspberry Pi...
Note: The user manual and the schematics are provided with the content of delivery.
Raspberry Pi: A Comprehensive Beginner's Guide to Setup, Programming(Concepts and techniques) and Developing Cool Raspberry Pi Projects
Programming can feel daunting at times, and it may be especially intimidating to beginners, but with the release of the Raspberry Pi, it became much simpler to learn and more affordable.
The Pi is a tiny credit-card-sized computer that led to the emergence of an entirely new community of geeks.
With this straightforward, easy-to-follow guide, aspiring programmers can now learn the craft without feeling overwhelmed and develop cool gadgets and sophisticated applications.
The Raspberry Pi has sold millions of units since its arrival on the market, and this Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to Setup, Programming (Concepts and Techniques), and Developing Cool Raspberry Pi Projects will show you why!