PiCAN FD with LIN Bus for Raspberry Pi
|Sorry, we are currently out of inventory but please feel free to pre-order to reserve your unit(s). Expected release date is Dec 16th 2022|
Free Shipping Within The United States!
This PiCAN FD board comes with a LIN Bus interface, and the Microchip MCP2518FD IC provides classic CAN and CAN FD, while a dsPIC33 micro-controller provides the LIN Bus connection. Communication to the Pi is per UART on ttyS0 using ASCII text commands. Example LIN-bus GUI app is available written in Python3 and tkinter.
The firmware is updatable using the Microchip UnifiedHost java app. This requires the Raspberry Pi to run in GUI mode.
Easy to install SocketCAN driver. Programming is supported in C or Python.
CAN FD Features
- Microchip MCP2518FD CAN Controller
- Arbitration Bit Rate u pto 1Mbps
- Data Bit Rate upto 8Mbps
- CAN FD Controller modes
- Mixed CAN 2.0B and CANFD mode
- CAN 2.0B mode
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- 120Ω terminator ready
- LED indicator (GPIO04)
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
LIN Bus Features
- LED indicator
- LIN master or slave. Setting via jumper
- LIN provided by dsPIC33 micro-controller with updatable firmware
- Communicate to the Pi via ASCII text commands on ttyS0
- PiCAN FD with LIN Bus - Schematic (PDF)...
- PiCAN FD with LIN Bus - User Manual (PDF)...
- PiCAN FD with LIN Bus - Firmware Update Guide (PDF)...
This textbook will help you learn all the skills you need to pass all Vehicle Electrical and Electronic Systems courses and qualifications.
As electrical and electronic systems become increasingly more complex and fundamental to the workings of modern vehicles, understanding these systems is essential for automotive technicians. For students new to the subject, this book will help to develop this knowledge, but will also assist experienced technicians in keeping up with recent technological advances. This new edition includes information on developments in pass-through technology, multiplexing, and engine control systems. In full colour and covering the latest course specifications, this is the guide that no student enrolled on an automotive maintenance and repair course should be without.
Designed to make learning easier, this book contains:
- Photographs, flow charts, quick reference tables, overview descriptions and step-by-step instructions.
- Case studies to help you put the principles covered into a real-life context.
- Useful margin features throughout, including definitions, key facts and ‘safety first’ considerations.
- Free access to the support website where you will find lots of additional information and useful learning materials: www.automotive-technology.org.