PiCAN 2 - CAN Bus Interface for Raspberry Pi
|Sold out at the moment but feel free to pre-order! New inventory expected by Aug 17th 2020|
Free Shipping Within The United States!
Raspberry Pi 4 Compatibility
The PiCAN board is fully compatible with the new Raspberry Pi 4 Model B.
- CAN 2.0 A/B (ISO 11898) at up to 1 Mb/s
- High speed SPI Interface (10 MHz)
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN Bus connection via standard 9-way sub-D connector or screw terminal
- Compatible with OBDII and SAE J1939
- Solder bridge to set different configuration for DB9 connector
- 120 Ohm termination resistor
- Four fixing holes, in compliance with Pi HAT standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
Debian Jessie Modifications
- User guide
- Schematic Rev B
- Python3 examples in Github
- Example 2
- Example 3
- Troubleshooting your PiCAN2 CAN Interface Board for Raspberry PI
- PiCAN2 CAN Bus Board for Raspberry Pi - Functionality Test
- Raspberry Pi PICAN2 Functionality Test With Two PICAN2 HATs
Connections (Pins) Used On 40-Pin Header
The PiCAN2 CAN Bus interface board uses the highlighted pins on the Raspberry Pi's 40-pin header.
- Programming the Raspberry Pi, Second Edition: Getting Started with Python
- Raspberry Pi User Guide
- Raspberry Pi Projects for the Evil Genius
- What is Debian Jessie?
- Raspberry Pi Proven To Withstand Extended Temperature Range
- SAE J1939 ECU Simulator and Data Monitor for Raspberry Pi
- PiCAN2 OBDII data logging for the Raspberry Pi
- The Raspberry Pi SPI Interface...
- Monitoring SAE J1939 Data Using The Raspberry Pi Plus PiCAN2 CAN Bus Interface Board...
- OBD-II Data Logging With Raspberry Pi And PiCAN2 CAN Bus Interface...
Plastic Enclosure for PiCAN2 and Raspberry Pi 2/3
This is a two part clip together plastic enclosure for use with the PiCAN2 board and the Raspberry Pi 2/3. The enclosure is made from High Impact Polystyrene HIPS UL94-HB material. Mounting flanges allow for wall mounting.
Programming the Raspberry Pi - Getting Started with Python
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and explore its features
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Write Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Use strings, lists, functions, and dictionaries
- Work with modules, classes, and methods
- Create user-friendly games using Pygame
- Build intuitive user interfaces with Tkinter
- Attach external electronics through the GPIO port
- Add powerful Web features to your projects