This BeagleBone Serial Cape is the most flexible way to connect to other devices with a serial connection. This cape allows for simultaneous use of one RS485 port and one Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus interface.
- BB Black connector : for connecting BB Black
- CAN pin header
- CAN screw terminal
- RS485 pin header
- RS485 screw terminal
- DEBUG interface : for debugging BB Black OR other connected modules
- Power expansion pinheader : for connecting external power supply
- BB Black BOOT selection button
- CAN transceiver
- RS485 transceiver
- Power indicator
- BB Black UART TXD selection jumper
- BB Black UART RXD selection jumper
- RS485 transceiver enable jumper
A Comprehensible Guide to Controller Area Network by Wilfried Voss represents the most thoroughly researched and most complete work on CAN available in the marketplace. Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial network technology that was originally designed for the automotive industry, especially for European cars, but has also become a popular bus in industrial automation as well as other applications.
The CAN bus is primarily used in embedded systems, and as its name implies, is a network technology that provides fast communication among microcontrollers up to real-time requirements, eliminating the need for the much more expensive and complex technology of a Dual-Ported RAM. This book provides complete information on all CAN features and aspects combined with a high level of readability.