CANCrocodile - Contactless CAN Bus Reader
Free Shipping Within The United States!
The CANCrocodile product line was designed for secure and reliable data reading from a vehicle CAN Bus network. The contactless reader can be used for vehicle telematics, GPS tracking systems, and for monitoring various CAN Bus parameters of vehicle operation such as speed, RPM, oil pressure & temperature, fuel volume & consumption, and more.
The data reading takes place without electrical connection and without damaging the CAN Bus wires. CANCrocodile works in “listen-only” mode, i.e., it does not change the original CAN Bus or SAE J1939 messages, and it does not transmit any signals into the CAN Bus.
The principle of the Crocodile's operation is based on reading the electromagnetic field that is formed around the wires during the signal passing.
CANCrocodile does not damage the wires and their isolation, and it has no direct electrical contact with the CAN Bus. The data reading takes place in a contactless method – CANCrocodile detects the magnetic field around CAN-High and CAN-Low wires.
The design of the body supports the vertical mounting of the wires to the reading surface, preventing the CAN bus wires from slipping from the CANCrocodile reading surface. A soft pressure pad in the upper part of the housing tightly presses the wires to the reading surface.
A red LED indicates power-on status, and a blinking green LED signals the reception of CAN bus data. These indicators allow testing the operability of the reader without dismantling or connecting to a monitoring terminal.
- Reads Classic CAN Bus (ISO 11898, CAN 2.0B), CAN FD, SAE J1939, OBD-II, NMEA 2000, CANopen, DeviceNet
- CAN 2.0B Output Signal (ISO 11898), CAN FD
- CANCrocodile is internally terminated (120 Ohm)
- LED Indicators: Red - Power on; Green - CAN Bus data traffic
- Operating temperature: -20degC to +80degC
- Supply Voltage 12 / 24 VDC
- Current Consumption at 12/24 VDC: 30/15 mA
- Cable Length 2 m (~6 feet)
- Connector: Molex
CAN Crocodile Installation
- Open CANCrocodile housing
- Place CAN_H and CAN_L wires in the grooves of the CANCrocodile housing according to the marks on the reader surface.
- Close CANCrocodile housing by engaging the latch. Put sealing rope through the special holes and seal housing (recommended).
CANCrocodile - Connector Pinout
Note: The colors as shown in above image represent the color of the wire associated with the signal.
CANCrocodile Dimensions (mm)
OBD-II & Electronic Engine Management Systems
On-board diagnostics (OBD) is an automotive term referring to a vehicle's self-diagnostic and reporting capability. OBD systems give the vehicle owner or repair technician access to the status of the various vehicle subsystems. The amount of diagnostic information available via OBD has varied widely since its introduction in the early 1980s versions of on-board vehicle computers.
Technical repair manual. Step-by-step procedures linked to over 700 easy-to-follow photos and illustrations.
Complete troubleshooting section helps identify specific problems.
Written from hand-on experience based on a vehicle teardown and rebuild using commonly available tools.
Tips give valuable shortcuts to make the job easier and eliminate the need for special tools. 700 B/W photos.
- Safe CAN bus data collection. - Safe J1708 bus data collection. - Petrol and gas monitoring. - Vehicle operation data transmission over GPS telematics terminal. See more about contactless reader, can bus reader, petrol consumption monitoring, gas consumption monitoring on website http://www.jv-technoton.com
Crocodile cont...- Safe CAN bus data collection. - Safe J1708 bus data collecti...