Linux Single Board Computer (SBC) Supports Bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet, And Out-Of-Box Cellular Connectivity
Its unique pre-certified wireless connectivity options offer 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2, including Bluetooth Low Energy. Out-of-box cellular integration options using the pre-certified Digi XBee® Cellular modem or third party PCI Express Mini Card modem allows you to integrate cellular connectivity without the usual cost and complexity.
Digi’s complete Linux support includes the built-in Digi TrustFence™ device security framework with support for secure boot, encrypted filesystems, protected ports, and more.
- Powerful and flexible off-the-shelf solution in Pico-ITX form factor
- Production-ready with minimal hardware design effort
- Rugged design with industrial operating temperature range
- Pre-certified dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
- Bluetooth 4.2, with Bluetooth Low Energy support
- Out-of-box support for cellular connectivity
- On-board NFC Forum Type 2 compliant tag
- Dual 10/100 Mbit Ethernet networking
- Integrated display and camera capabilities
- Rich interface and peripheral support
- Complete Yocto Project Linux BSP with source code
- Digi TrustFence™ device security framework
Linux has emerged as today’s #1 operating system for embedded products. Christopher Hallinan’s Embedded Linux Primer has proven itself as the definitive real-world guide to building efficient, high-value, embedded systems with Linux. Now, Hallinan has thoroughly updated this highly praised book for the newest Linux kernels, capabilities, tools, and hardware support, including advanced multicore processors.
Drawing on more than a decade of embedded Linux experience, Hallinan helps you rapidly climb the learning curve, whether you’re moving from legacy environments or you’re new to embedded programming. Hallinan addresses today’s most important development challenges and demonstrates how to solve the problems you’re most likely to encounter.
You will learn how to build a modern, efficient embedded Linux development environment, and then utilize it as productively as possible. Hallinan offers up-to-date guidance on everything from kernel configuration and initialization to bootloaders, device drivers to file systems, and BusyBox utilities to real-time configuration and system analysis. This edition adds entirely new chapters on UDEV, USB, and open source build systems.
- Tour the typical embedded system and development environment and understand its concepts and components.
- Understand the Linux kernel and userspace initialization processes.
- Preview bootloaders, with specific emphasis on U-Boot.
- Configure the Memory Technology Devices (MTD) subsystem to interface with flash (and other) memory devices.
- Make the most of BusyBox and latest open source development tools.
- Learn from expanded and updated coverage of kernel debugging.
- Build and analyze real-time systems with Linux.
- Learn to configure device files and driver loading with UDEV.
- Walk through detailed coverage of the USB subsystem.
- Introduces the latest open source embedded Linux build systems.
- Reference appendices include U-Boot and BusyBox commands.
Well, yes, it takes literally only minutes to assemble and test a GPS sensor plus real-time clock through the USB port on your computer, and that computer can be a Windows PC, Mac, any Linux system such as the Raspberry Pi, or even an Android system. All it takes is having the right components and [...]
The SAM D5x and SAM E5x microcontroller (MCU) families are available from Microchip Technology. These 32-bit MCU families offer connectivity interfaces, performance and hardware-based security for a variety of applications.E5X Device Options:E51 (2 X CAN-FD)E53 (Ethernet MAC)E54 (2 X CAN-FD and Ethernet MAC)The SAM D5/E5 microcontrollers combine the performance of an ARM Cortex-M4 processor with a Floating [...]
Embedded Linux runs many of the devices we use every day, from smart TVs to WiFi routers, test equipment to industrial controllers - all of them have Linux at their heart. Linux is a core technology in the implementation of the inter-connected world of the Internet of Things. The comprehensive guide shows you the technologies and [...]
DIN-Rail IIoT (Industrial Internet Of Things) Gateway With CAN Bus Interface For Transportation And Industrial Applications
Axiomtek announced the launch of its RISC-based fanless DIN-rail IIoT gateway, the IFB112. The fanless IIoT gateway supports the NXP (Freescale) i.MX6UL ARM Cortex-A7 528MHz SoC. It offers a combination of features that make it suitable for a variety of challenging applications including transportation, heavy-duty industrial use, smart factory, smart grid, etc. The design concept of IFB112 [...]
congatec launched a COM Express Type 7 quick starter set to support the fundamental basis for OEM’s modular micro server designs. The quick starter set simplifies the evaluation of a server-on-modules designed in accordance to PICMG’s COM Express Type 7 standard. The set is suited for the design of Industry 4.0 micro servers communicating in real-time, redundant fog [...]
ESD Electronics (Germany) has extended its 402 series of CAN interface boards. The PCIeMini card features two CAN FD (Flexible Data Rate) ports available at 9-pin D-sub connectors.Due to its compact design, the CAN interface board can be used in notebooks, laptops, MiniPCs, and hat-rail mounted PCs as well as embedded systems without the need for an [...]
Artila Electronics launched the FreeRTOS programmable remote I/O module, RIO-2014PG. Example programs which demonstrate serial and Ethernet data communication, which demonstrates how to push sensor data to IBM Bluemix using MQTT is also included for sensor to cloud application development. Low power consumption of ARM Cortex M4 plus efficiency of FreeRTOS make RIO-2014PG an light weight computing [...]
MINMAX announced their 2 Watt MSCWI02 & 3 Watt MSCWI03 families of Isolated DC-DC Converters in the 14 pin surface mount package measuring 19 x 14.9 x 8.7mm (0.75 x 0.59 x 0.33”)” with Remote On/Off Control. This level of integration offers system designers the opportunity to reduce overall PCB layout area or add more [...]
ACCES I/O Products announced the release of a family of mini PCI Express (mPCIe) digital I/O cards, the mPCIe-DIO Family with Digital Integration Features. These PCI Express Mini cards feature a selection of digital I/O functions for compact control and monitoring applications. Choose up to 24 channels offering various voltage, isolation, speed, and counter/timer options and can integrate [...]