This comprehensive text/reference presents an in-depth review of the state of the art of automotive connectivity and cybersecurity regarding trends, technologies, innovations, and applications. The text details the challenges of the global automotive market, distinctly showing where the multitude of innovative activities fit within the overall effort of cutting-edge automotive innovations and provides an excellent framework for understanding the complexity of automotive connectivity and cybersecurity.
Topics and features:
- Discusses the automotive market, automotive research and development, and automotive electrical/electronic and software technology
- Examines connected cars and autonomous vehicles, and methodological approaches to cybersecurity to avoid cyber-attacks against vehicles
- Provides an overview on the automotive industry that introduces the trends driving the automotive industry towards smart mobility and autonomous driving
- Reviews automotive research and development, offering background on the complexity involved in developing new vehicle models
- Describes the technologies essential for the evolution of connected cars, such as cyber-physical systems and the Internet of Things
- Presents case studies on Car2Go and car-sharing, car-hailing and ridesharing, connected parking, and advanced driver assistance systems
- Includes review questions and exercises at the end of each chapter.
The insights offered by this practical guide will be of great value to graduate students, academic researchers, and professionals in the industry seeking to learn about the advanced methodologies in automotive connectivity and cybersecurity.
Teensy 3.2 CAN Bus And LIN Bus Breakout Board
This is a CAN Bus breakout board for use with the Teensy 3.2 (included). It has an onboard 5 VDC regulator with reverse voltage protection, a CAN transceiver and a prototyping area. The LIN Bus connection is provided by the Microchip MCP2004A chip.
The Teensy is a complete USB-based microcontroller development system, compatible with Arduino software and libraries. It comes in a minimal footprint, capable of implementing a great variety of projects. All programming is accomplished via the onboard USB port.
Sequi, a developer of cybersecurity products for industrial control networks, announced the availability of PortBloque S, a serial-to-serial firewall that protects Modbus devices from harmful and unwanted traffic. PortBloque S is the first in a series of planned firewalls aimed at addressing the inherent vulnerabilities of the Modbus protocol. Advanced deep packet inspection (DPI) technology is [...]