Configurable CAN FD Modules with Digital And Analog I/O Ports
PEAK-System announced its I/O modules PCAN-MicroMod FD, which is now available in a black aluminum profile enclosure. The device offers a variety of peripherals for special requirements. The data exchange is performed via CAN FD, which is downward-compatible to the Classical CAN Bus.
The motherboard PCAN-MicroMod FD Analog 1 features analog inputs and outputs with eight input ports providing a resolution of 16 bits.
The Digital versions of the motherboard support eight outputs that are offered either as Low-side switches (Digital 1) or High-side switches (Digital 2). All motherboards come with one analog input for voltage monitoring of up to 30 Volts, and two additional frequency outputs of up to 20 kHz.
A Windows software, included in the scope of delivery, manages the configuration of the motherboards with PCAN-MicroMod FD; the setup data is transmitted via the CAN FD interface. The motherboards can run as independent CAN nodes. The wiring connection to the devices is made via spring terminal connectors, and the extended operating temperature ranges from -40 to +85 °C (-40 to +185 °F).
- Board with plugged-in PCAN-MicroMod FD
- Configuration via the CAN bus by means of the Windows® software PCAN-MicroMod FD Configuration
- High-speed CAN Bus connection (ISO 11898-2)
- Complies with CAN Bus specifications 2.0 A/B and FD
- CAN FD bit rates for the data field (64 bytes max.) from 20 kbit/s up to 10 Mbit/s
- CAN Bus bit rates from 20 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- Switchable CAN termination
- 2 frequency outputs
- Low-side switches
- Adjustable frequency range from 0 to 20 kHz
- 1 analog input for voltage monitoring up to 30 V, resolution 12 bit
- 8 digital inputs
- Pull-up or pull-down configurable
- 8 digital outputs
- Digital 1: Low-side switches
- Digital 2: High-side switches
- PWM mode: resolution duty cycle 16 bit, adjustable frequency range from 0 to 20 kHz
- 3 analog inputs
- Resolution 12 bit
- Measuring range 0 - 10 V
- 4-bit rotary coding switch for setting the module ID
- 3 status LED
- Aluminum enclosure with spring terminal connectors
- Operating voltage 8 to 30 V
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
Dual Isolated CAN FD HAT for Raspberry Pi
The 2-Channel CAN bus expansion HAT, designed for Raspberry Pi, supports two CAN FD (CAN with Flexible Data-Rate) ports with a data rate of up to 8Mbps. It features multi onboard protection circuits, high anti-interference capability to assure reliable operation and make it suitable for applications in the field of automotive devices and industrial automation.
The CAN FD HAT adds CAN Bus capabilities to your Raspberry Pi, not only the original CAN 2.0 protocol, but also the CAN FD extension, with up to 8Mbps data rate, and higher data throughput.