CAN FD Evaluation And Development Board For Windows PCs
Developers can plug the CPU module into their motherboard and configure it with the Windows-based PCAN-Micromod FD software included in the scope of delivery.
The configuration is applied to the PCAN-Micromod FD via the CAN Bus network, and several modules can be configured independently of each other in a CAN Bus network. In addition to mapping the signals to CAN Bus messages, the software allows a variety of analog and digital I/O operations and signal processing functionality. Once the configuration has been applied, the PCAN-Micromod FD constitutes an autonomous CAN Bus node with the motherboard to transmit data from sensors, actuators, and switches via CAN Bus. Screw terminals, switches, and potentiometers allow users to access all resources of the attached PCAN-Micromod FD and test configurations or circuits.
In addition to this product, Peak System launched an evaluation board with the intention to promote the development of individual motherboards.
An additional kit is available that contains a CAN FD interface for the USB port and a CAN cable to complement the processor and evaluation board. Peak Systems plans to release ready-to-use motherboards for specific applications by the end of the year.
- CAN Bus connection via D-Sub, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 303-1)
- Switchable CAN Bus termination of 120 Ohm
- Pick-offs for all pins of the PCAN-MicroMod FD
- Low-side switches for the digital outputs
- DIP switches for status change of the digital inputs
- Protected digital inputs
- LEDs for digital inputs and outputs
- 4 potentiometers for analog inputs
- Soldering fields for individual additional wiring
- RS-232 connection with V.24 signal levels for direct access to the microcontroller
- 4-bit rotary coding switch for setting the module ID
- Configuration via the CAN bus with the Windows software PCAN-MicroMod FD Configuration
- Firmware upload via CAN, USB, or RS-232; switchable via 3 buttons
- Reset button for restarting the board
- Voltage supply 5 VDC via Micro-USB connection or power supply unit
- Operating temperature range from 0 to 70 °C (32 to 158 °F)
- Board 100 x 102 mm with rubber feet
Teensy 3.6 CAN 2.0B and CAN FD Breakout Board
This is a Teensy 3.6 board with CAN 2.0B and CAN FD interface. The CAN FD is supplied by the Microchip MCP2517FD CAN FD controller with MCP2562FD CAN FD transceiver. There is also a socket for a 128x64 (I2C) OLED display (not included in delivery).
- Teensy 3.6 (installed)
- CAN 2.0B interface
- CAN FD interface
- On board voltage regulator (Input voltage range 6 VDC to 14 VDC)
- Reverse supply voltage protection
- 120 Ohm termination resistor
- 5-way navigation switch