Building Arduino-Based Projects For The Internet Of Things (IoT)
The IoT: Building Arduino-Based Projects course takes you on a journey to become an expert in the use of IoT by developing a set of projects, and it leads you through securing your IoT environment.
In the first module, Learning Internet of Things, you learn how protocols and patterns can put constraints on network topology.
You also learn how the current protocols, communication patterns, architectures, and security issues apply to the Internet of Things.
The second module, Internet of Things with Arduino Blueprints, presents eight projects that enable devices to communicate with each other, access information over the Internet, store and retrieve data, and communicate with users―creating smart, pervasive, and always-connected environments.
It has become crucial to assure that cybersecurity threats are kept to a minimum when implementing new IoT services and solutions.
Thus, our third module, Practical Internet of Things Security provides a set of guidelines to architect and deploy a secure IoT in your enterprise.
What You Will Learn
- Know the capabilities and limitations of the HTTP, UPnP, CoAP, MQTT, and XMPP protocols
- Use important communication patterns such as request/respond, publish/subscribe, event subscription, asynchronous messaging, and multicasting patterns
- Build a portable Wi-fi signal strength sensor to give haptic feedback about signal strength to the user
- Measure water flow speed and volume with liquid flow sensors and record real-time readings
- Secure your home with motion-activated Arduino security cameras and upload images to the cloud
- Implement real-time data logging of a solar panel voltage with Arduino cloud connectors
- Track locations with GPS and upload location data to the cloud
- Control infrared-enabled devices with IR remote and Arduino
- Use systems security engineering and Privacy by Design principles to design a secure IoT ecosystem
GSM/GPRS/GPS SIM808 Shield For Arduino
The GSM/GPRS/GPS board is an Arduino shield based on the Quad-band GSM/GPRS/GPS module SIM808, providing cellular and GPS tracking, all in one module. It lets you add location-tracking, voice, text, SMS and data to your project. This shield fits right over your Arduino or compatible. At the heart is a powerful GSM cellular module (we use the latest SIM808) with integrated GPS. This module can do just about everything.
The SIM808 module is a GSM and GPS two-in-one function module. It is based on the newest GSM/GPS module SIM808 from SIMCOM, and it supports GSM/GPRS Quad-Band network and combines GPS technology for satellite navigation.
It features ultra-low power consumption in sleep mode and is integrated with charging circuit for Li-Ion batteries, that make it get a long standby time and useful for projects that use a rechargeable Li-Ion battery. It has high GPS receive sensitivity with 22 tracking and 66 acquisition receiver channels. Besides, it also supports A-GPS that available for indoor localization.