GSM/GPRS/GPS SIM808 Shield For Arduino
Free Shipping Within The United States!
Note: The Arduino UNO in the photo is not included.
The GSM/GPRS/GPS board is an Arduino shield based on the Quad-band GSM/GPRS/GPS module SIM808, providing cellular and GPS tracking, all in one module. It lets you add location-tracking, voice, text, SMS and data to your project. This shield fits right over your Arduino or compatible. At the heart is a powerful GSM cellular module (we use the latest SIM808) with integrated GPS. This module can do just about everything.
The SIM808 module is a GSM and GPS two-in-one function module. It is based on the newest GSM/GPS module SIM808 from SIMCOM, and it supports GSM/GPRS Quad-Band network and combines GPS technology for satellite navigation.
It features ultra-low power consumption in sleep mode and is integrated with charging circuit for Li-Ion batteries, that make it get a long standby time and useful for projects that use a rechargeable Li-Ion battery. It has high GPS receive sensitivity with 22 tracking and 66 acquisition receiver channels. Besides, it also supports A-GPS that available for indoor localization.
The module is controlled by AT command via UART and supports 3.3 VDC and 5 VDC logical level.
- Arduino connectivity, compatible with UNO, Leonardo, NUCLEO, XNUCLEO
- Onboard USB TO UART converter CP2102 for UART debugging
- 5 x LEDs for indicating the module working status
- Onboard voltage level converter, supports both 3.3V and 5V systems
- SIM card slot for 1.8V/3V SIM card
- Baudrate auto detection (1200bps ~115200bps)
- Bluetooth 3.0， supports data transferring through Bluetooth
- RTC with power supply interface
- Firmware upgradable via USB
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007,27.005, and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports SIM application toolkit: GSM 11.14 Release 99
- Operating voltage: 6 ~ 12V
- Operation temperature: -40 °C ~ +85 °C
- Storage temperature: -45 °C ~ +90 °C
- GSM 850/EGSM 900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 MHz
- Quad-band auto search
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Emitting power
- Class 4 (2W @ GSM 850/EGSM 900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1W @ DCS 1800/PCS 1900 MHz)
- GPRS connectivity
- GPRS multi-slot class 12 (default)
- GPRS multi-slot class 1~12 (configurable)
- GPRS data feature
- Downlink speed: max 85.6kbps
- Uplink speed: max 85.6kbps
- Coding schemes: CS-1\CS-2\CS-3\CS-4
- Supports PAP (Password Authentication Protocol) for PPP connection
- Embedded TCP/IP protocol
- Supports PBCCH
- Supports CSD transmission speed: 2.4/4.8/9.6/14.4 kbps
- Supports USSD
- Supports: MT/MO/CB/Text/PDU mode
- SMS storage: SIM card
- Voice encode/decode mode: Half Rate\Full Rate\Enhanced Full Rate\Adaptive muti rate
- Supports echo cancellation
- Supports noise reduction
- Receiver type
- 22 tracking channels
- 66 acquisition channels
- GPS L1 C/A code
- Tracking: -165 dBm
- Cold starts : -148 dBm
- Cold starts : 30s (typ.)
- Hot starts : < 1s
- Warm starts: 28s
- Horizontal position : <2.5m CEP
- SIM808 module
- MIC29302 power chip
- CP2102: USB TO UART converter
- SMF05C: TVS diode
- 1N5408: onboard rectifier
- SIM808 functional pins
- Arduino expansion connector
- USB TO UART interface
- DC power jack
- GPS antenna connector
- Bluetooth antenna connector
- Firmware upgrade interface
- GSM antenna connector
- SIM card slot
- 3.5mm earphone/mic jack
- GPS status indicator
- CP2102 UART Tx/Rx indicator
- NET indicator:
- flashes fast when the module starts up
- flashes slowly after GSM register succeed
- Power indicator
- Power switch
- SIM808 control button: press the button and hold for 1s, to startup/shutdown the SIM808
- Reset button
- UART selection switch, select controlling the SIM808 via:
- UART pins of Arduino interface
- SIM808 UART configuration:
- SIM_TX: SIM808 UART TX
- SIM_RX: SIM808 UART RX
- IOREF power selection: configure the UART voltage level
- GSM/GPRS/GPS Shield - Manufacturer's Wiki Page...
- Quick Start SIM808 With Arduino...
- SIM 808 Hardware Design (PDF)...
- SIMCOM SIM808 Application Notes And Hardware Manual...
- SIM800 Series - AT Command (PDF)...
GSM & GPS Projects With Arduino
Easily Build GSM & GPS Projects Using the Arduino Platform! In GSM & GPS Projects With Arduino, Marco Schwartz from the Open Home Automation website presents a step-by-step method to build your own connected projects using the Adafruit FONA board and the Arduino platform.
- Use GSM & GPS hardware with the Arduino platform
- Send alerts via SMS & monitor data remotely
- Control devices from anywhere in the world via GPRS
- Build an Arduino GPS tracker
Get this book now to start building your own GSM & GPRS projects with Arduino!