Arduino Due - Programming And Debugging Using JTAG ICE And Atmel Studio
Atmel’s SAM3X series MCUs are great for users who want to move further from the world of 8bit/16bit microcontrollers to 32bit ARM Cortex core MCUs.
One of the most famous device in this series is SAM3X8E, Atmel’s Smart ARM microcontroller. The development platform of choice for getting started with the SAM3X8E is the Arduino Due board.
The SAM3X8E MCUs have an ARM Cortex-M3 processor, which can run at 84 MHz, have 512 KB of flash, and 100 KB of SRAM. They also have a rich set of on chip peripherals such as, High Speed USB MiniHost and with on-chip PHY, Ethernet, dual CAN, high speed SD/SDIO/MMC, and multiple serial interfaces (USARTs, SPIs, TWIs (I2C), and one I2S).
The SAM3X8E also features a 12-bit ADC/DAC, temperature sensor, 32-bit timers, PWM timer and RTC. The 16-bit external bus interface supports SRAM, PSRAM, NOR and NAND Flash with error code correction. The Atmel QTouch® Library is available for the SAM3X8E for easy implementation of buttons, sliders and wheels.
The Atmel-ICE is a powerful development tool for debugging and programming Atmel ARM® Cortex®-M based Atmel SAM and AVR® microcontrollers with on-chip debug capability.
- Supports JTAG, SWD, PDI, TPI, aWire, SPI and debugWIRE interfaces
- Full source-level debugging in Atmel Studio
- Supports all built-in hardware breakpoints in the target microcontroller (number depends on the OCD module in the target)
- Up to 128 software breakpoints
- 1.62 to 5.5V target operation
- USB powered
- Provides both ARM Cortex Debug Connector (10-pin) pin-out and AVR JTAG connector pin-out
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all Atmel AVR 32-bit MCUs on both JTAG and aWire interfaces
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all Atmel AVR XMEGA® family devices on both JTAG and PDI 2-wire interfaces
- JTAG and SPI programming and debugging of all Atmel AVR 8-bit MCUs with OCD support on either JTAG or debugWIRE interfaces
- Programming and debugging of all Atmel SAM ARM Cortex-M based MCUs on both SWD and JTAG interfaces
- Programming of all Atmel tinyAVR® 8-bit MCUs with support for the TPI interface
- Program Arduino Due with Atmel Studio 7...
- JTAG ICE WITH ARDUINO IDE...
- How to program Arduino Due using Atmel Studio...
- Arduino for Atmel Studio 7...
- Arduino IDE for Visual Studio and Atmel Studio...