Kvaser's Hybrid 2xCAN/LIN is a flexible, dual channel interface where each channel can be configured independently, either as CAN Bus or LIN (Local Interconnect Network). With a standard USB connector and two high-speed CAN or LIN channels in two separate 9-pin D-SUB CAN connectors, this is a high-performance, yet compact ’universal interface’ that every engineer involved in automotive communications needs!
Use the device as a dual-channel CAN interface, or simply configure the device in runtime to connect two high speed LIN buses to a PC or mobile computer, or one LIN and one CAN. Kvaser Hybrid supports CAN FD and is shipped with Kvaser TRX, a lightweight development environment that lowers the bar when starting out programming the device.
- Hybrid USB CAN/LIN interface.
- Supports CAN FD up to 5Mbit/s (with proper physical layer implementation).
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2) up to 1Mbit/s.
- Supports CAN 2.0 A and CAN 2.0 B active.
- Power is taken from the USB bus.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware with Kvaser CANlib.
- Galvanically isolated CAN bus drivers.
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C.
Ethernet, the most widely-used LAN technology in the world, is taking the automotive world by storm. As the electronic content in cars continues to grow, Ethernet promises to improve performance and enable powerful and useful applications. In its 1,161 pages, Automotive Ethernet - The Definitive Guide explains how Ethernet technology has been adapted via Broadcom's new BroadR-Reach® standard to bring Ethernet hardware and applications to vehicles.
Topics covered: Automotive electromagnetic, environmental and electrical requirements; network fundamentals and the OSI Reference Model; IEEE Project 802; Ethernet Physical Layer and Media Access Control, including BroadR-Reach, MAC addressing, frame formats and hardware; a comparison of Ethernet to automotive networks such as CAN, LIN, MOST, and FlexRay; and TCP/IP, including IPv4/IPv6, ICMP, ARP, NAT, TCP, UDP, and DoIP. Also covered is the Audio Video Bridging (AVB) suite used to transport media over Ethernet, including underlying standards: SRP (IEEE 802.1Qat), FQTSS (IEEE 802.1Qav), gPTP (IEEE 802.1AS), and AVTP (IEEE 1722). The book also describes diagnostics in an Ethernet environment, and tools for measurement, calibration and diagnostics (MCD).
- Electronics engineers, network communication engineers, testers, and technicians involved in automotive electronics development.
- Ethernet hardware engineers and network application designers who want to learn about Automotive Ethernet and how it differs from traditional Ethernet.
- Android, Linux, iOS, and Windows developers who want to exploit the growing demand for expertise in using these operating systems and other systems on Ethernet.
- Engineers and software developers in training at the university level.
The VC36PLC-24 Controller by Vector was specially developed for communications in electrically-powered commercial vehicles. The ECU hardware offers an interface for the standardized communication, e.g. between electric networks or urban trucks and the charging infrastructure. It features a PLC interface and three CAN interfaces for communication including shielding. The controller provides the physical interface to control the Combo-2 connector [...]
The MOST150 Intelligent Network Interface Controller (INIC) from Microchip Technology Inc. enables automotive manufacturers and tier one suppliers to incorporate Media Oriented Systems Transport (MOST) networks in a daisy-chain configuration on coaxial physical layer with the support of full-duplex communication, in addition to a ring topology. With a full-duplex daisy-chained network, a single cable segment is sufficient [...]
Bosch Automotive Electrics and Automotive Electronics: Systems and Components, Networking and Hybrid Drive
This book represents a complete reference guide to automotive electrics and electronics. This new edition is the definitive reference for all automotive engineers, and it has been compiled by one of the world's largest automotive equipment suppliers, the Robert Bosch GmbH. The book also includes new and updated material.As in previous editions, the various topics [...]
Android-Powered Mobile Computer For Field Service, Automotive Inspections, Transportation And Logistics
Janam Technologies' XT2 touch computer is an Android-powered mobile computer designed to enable increased efficiency for mobile workers in field service, automotive inspections, and transportation and logistic applications. The XT2 rugged mobile computer runs the Android 5 Lollipop operating system and is certified to support all Google APIs including Google Play. The XT2 weighs 10-oz. and has [...]