Due to the global shortage of electronic components, this device is currently not available. We are in the process of developing a replacement using a different processor (ESP32) with increased resources, such as wireless support and extended memory.
For more detailed information, please feel free contact us through this website.
Our CAN Bus / SAE J1939 Electronic Logging Device includes a number of hardware features allowing a great number of applications. These features include a wireless port (Bluetooth, BLE, or WiFi), an SD card, a GPS sensor, a CAN Bus port, an RS232 port, plus an optional SAE J1708/J1587 interface. All this is complemented by an extended input power range of 7 to 36 VDC and an extended temperature range of -40C to +85C. In regards to the software, we support CAN Bus, including OBD-II, and the SAE J1939 higher-layer protocol.
The JCOM.ELD.BT a development device, i.e., we at Copperhill Technologies modify the device's firmware according to your application requirements. We build applications through access to a vast software library that allows us to produce fully functional prototypes within the shortest time. Our strengths, skills, and passions include embedded hardware and software development, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing support. We guide you through the entire project cycle from development to finished product and beyond.
- SAE J1939 to Bluetooth Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- SAE J1939 - GPS Module With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
The existing hardware features allow further applications, and their sheer number required that we set priorities, mostly driven by customer demand.
- Wireless Port: We have successfully created an SAE J1939 to Bluetooth gateway, and the Bluetooth interface can be easily replaced by a pin-compatible BLE or WiFi module. At this time, the only missing link is the proof of concept, i.e. testing and documenting the wireless connection (the firmware does not need any modification).
- SD Card: We are currently working on an SAE J1939 data simulation device, and the availability of an SD card allows the storing of application parameters, i.e. the J1939 simulation will be fully user-programmable. Also, the next logical application for an SD card is the creation of a CAN Bus / SAE J1939 data recording device.
- CAN Bus Port: While our focus is primarily on SAE J1939, we also have created applications based on standard CAN Bus, including OBD-II. We are in the process of converting these customer-specific application into compelling products.
Some more ideas include:
- CAN-RS232 Gateway (w/o Bluetooth module)
- CAN-Bluetooth Gateway
- J1939-RS232 Gateway (w/o Bluetooth module)
- J1939-Bluetooth Gateway
- Electronic Logging Device (ELD Rule/Mandate)
- CAN/OBD-II/J1939 Data Logger
- Data Recording and Display Under Android or iOS
- ARM Cortex-M3 Processor
- CAN Bus Interface
- Fully certified low-power Bluetooth Version 2.1 Module (with or without external antenna)
- RS232 Interface For On-Site Firmware Upload and/or Gateway Functionality
- SD Card Slot for Data Storage (optional)
- GPS module (optional, with or without external antenna)
- SAE J1939 Protocol Stack (optional)
- Extended Temperature Range of -40C to +85C (-25C to +85C with SD Card)
- Input Power Range of 7 VDC to 36 VDC
- Flame Retardant ABS Enclosure 4.25 x 3.00 x 1.38 in / 107.95 x 76.20 x 35.05 mm
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant
- CAN Interface
- CAN Controller integrated in microcontroller
- Fully ISO 11898-compliant
- Supports CAN 2.0A And CAN 2.0B
- Bit rate up to 1 Mbit/s
- Fully certified Bluetooth version 2.1
- Backwards-compatible with Bluetooth version 2.0, 1.2, and 1.1
- Low power: 26 µA sleep, 3 mA connected, 30 mA transmit
- Bluetooth SIG certified
- Certifications: FCC, IC, CE
- Two antenna options available: PCB trace and external antenna
- Delivers up to 3 Mbps data rate for distances up to 20 meters (~60 feet)
- Optional upgrade to support distances up to 100 meters (~300 feet)
- Receiver type: 56 channels, GPS L1(1575.42Mhz) C/A code, SBAS:WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS
- Horizontal position accuracy: 2.5mCEP
- Navigation update rate:5 Hz maximum (1HZ default)
- Capture time: Cool start: 27s (fastest)；Hot start: 1s
- SD Card
- FAT32 File system for maximum compatibility with the widest range of devices
- 4 GB maximum file size, 8 TB maximum partition size
- SAE J1939 Protocol Stack (Optional)
- Fully compliant to SAE J1939/21, SAE J1939/81 and SAE J1939/16
- Sending and receiving of messages (PGNs)
- Message filtering
- Request message processing
- BAM and CM transport protocol (TP) processing
- Static and arbitrary address claim
- Automatic baud rate detection (250/500 kbit/sec)
- See also our jCOM1939 Monitor, an SAE J1939 Monitoring, Analyzer and ECU Simulation software for Windows