Protocol Gateway Converts CAN Bus Message Frames Into Profinet I/O Data
Integrate your CAN-Bus-based industrial devices and equipment into a PROFINET control system without the necessity for any changes to the device. Just connect and configure.
The Anybus Communicator is a proven and trusted protocol converter gateway connecting devices with a CAN-Bus-based protocol to PROFINET. The gateway performs quick protocol conversion and presents the CAN Bus data to the PLC/Controller in the form of easy-to-process I/O data.
The Communicator is a small stand-alone gateway designed for IP20 and DIN-rail mounting, and it requires a 24 VDC power supply. The Communicator is conformance-tested to the current PROFINET-IO specifications, ensuring full network compatibility.
Typical CAN Bus applications include variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human-machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers, industrial scales, and more.
Features & Benefits
- Supports machine builders and device manufacturers with integrating a CAN Bus interface
- Allows system integrators to retro-fit older CAN-Bus-based automation devices into modern PROFINET communication structures
- Requires no hardware or software changes to be made to the connected device
- Compatible with all PLCs with PROFINET support
- Performs complete CAN Bus protocol conversion, no PLC function blocks required
- Flexible CAN Bus frame building method for both Response/Request or Produce/Consume protocols
- Intelligent I/O data mapping within the Communicator permits even devices with slow CAN Bus communication can be integrated without any restrictions to the upper network
- Integrated Email client, FTP server and embedded web-server for diagnostics and data visualization
Teensy 3.6 CAN 2.0B and CAN FD Breakout Board
This is a Teensy 3.6 board with CAN 2.0B and CAN FD interface. The CAN FD is supplied by the Microchip MCP2517FD CAN FD controller with MCP2562FD CAN FD transceiver. There is also a socket for a 128x64 (I2C) OLED display (not included in delivery).
- Teensy 3.6 (installed)
- CAN 2.0B interface
- CAN FD interface
- On board voltage regulator (Input voltage range 6 VDC to 14 VDC)
- Reverse supply voltage protection
- 120R terminator
- 5-way navigation switch
- Socket for 128x64 (I2C) OLED display (purchase separately)