IoT Development Board Based On ESP-32S Module Supports WiFi And Bluetooth
The NodeMCU ESP-32S is an IoT (Internet of Things) development board created by NodeMcu to evaluate the ESP-WROOM-32 module. It is based on the ESP32 microcontroller that supports WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, and Low Power support all in a single chip.
The NodeMCU-32S board is also an open source IoT platform. It uses Lua script and a lot of open source projects, such as lua-cjson, and spiffs. It contains firmware that can run on ESP32 WiFi SoC chips, and its hardware is based on ESP-32S modules. The ESP32 is a WiFi + Bluetooth chip developed by Shanghai Espressif, which aims to provide access network for embedded products.
The development board maintains the classic NodeMCU 1.0 design, with the I / O pins placed on either side of the board, which provides a more straightforward setup and breadboard use. Using a breadboard for development can simplify the use of this module by making use of both sides of the standard pin.
Open source, interactive, programmable, intelligent & straightforward, plus containing WIFI + Bluetooth hardware makes the NodeMCU ESP-32S a great little board to keep in your toolkit.
- Onboard ESP-WROOM-32 module
- Onboard CP2102, USB to UART converter
- USB port for power input, firmware programming, or UART debugging
- 2x19pin extension headers, breakout all the I/O pins of the module
- 2x keys, used as reset or user-defined
- WIFI module: ESP-WROOM-32
- Processor: ESP32-D0WDQ6
- Built-in Flash: 32Mbit
- Antenna: Onboard PCB antenna
- Peripheral interface: UART/GPIO/ADC/DAC/SDIO/PWM/I2C/I2S
- WiFi protocol: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- Frequency range: 2.4G ~ 2.5G (2400M ~ 2483.5M)
- WIFI mode: Station / SoftAP / SoftAP+Station
- Power supply: 5V
- Logic level: 3.3V
- Dimensions: 48.26mm x 25.4mm
The NodeMCU-32S suit for IOT applications such as:
- Smart home
- Intelligent building
- Industrial automation
- Wearable devices
- IP camera
- Intelligent agriculture
The ESP32 is a low-cost MCU with integrated Wi-Fi and BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). Various modules and development boards-based on the ESP32 are available for building IoT (Internet of Things) applications quickly.
Wi-Fi and BLE are a standard network stack in the Internet of Things application. These network modules can leverage your business and projects needs for cost-effective advantages.
This book represents a significant guide for developing ESP32 software. We start with GPIO programming involving some sensor devices.
Then we examine ESP32 development by building several IoT projects, such as weather stations, sensor loggers, smart homes, Wi-Fi cams, and Wi-Fi wardriving.
Finally, we allow the ESP32 board to execute interactions with mobile applications and cloud servers such as AWS.
By the end of this book, you are up and running with various IoT projects based on the ESP32 chip.
ESP32 Development using the Arduino IDE
This book is designed to help readers to get started with Arduino development using ESP32 boards. The following is a sample of some the examples in this ebook:
- About the ESP32
- Setting up the Arduino IDE
- Choosing our hardware
- Basic WebServer example
- ESP32 capacitive touch example
- RGB LED example
- ESP32 Deep Sleep example
- ESP32 : a look at the Dual core
- ESP32 DAC example45
- Temperature sensor example using a BMP180
- ESP32 and SHT31 sensor example
- ESP32 and MPL3115A2 absolute pressure sensor example
- ESP32 and OLED display example
- ESP32 and SD card example
- ESP32 and GY-21P readings on a web page
- ESP32 and CCS811 gas sensor data to Thingspeak example