Exploring BeagleBone: Tools and Techniques for Building IoT And CAN Bus Applications Using Embedded Linux
Exploring BeagleBone is a hands-on guide to producing gadgets, gizmos, and robots employing the popular BeagleBone embedded Linux platform. Comprehensive content and in-depth detail present more than just a BeagleBone instruction manual; you also learn the underlying engineering techniques allowing you to build your projects.
The book opens with a foundational primer on necessary skills, and then progressively moves into communication, control, and advanced applications using C/C++, allowing you to learn at your own pace. Also, the book's companion website features instructional videos, source code, discussion forums, and more, ensuring you have everything you need.
The BeagleBone's small size, high performance, low cost, and advanced versatility have made it a favorite development platform, and the Linux software base provides advanced yet adaptable functionality. The BeagleBone supports applications in smart buildings, robot control, environmental sensing, to name a few; and, expansion boards and peripherals dramatically enhance the possibilities. Exploring BeagleBone provides a reader-friendly guide to the device, including a crash course in computer engineering.
- Get up to speed on embedded Linux, electronics, and programming
- Master interfacing electronic circuits, buses, and modules, with working samples
- Explore the Internet-connected BeagleBone and the BeagleBone using a display
- Connect the BeagleBone to sensing applications, including video and sound
- Explore the BeagleBone's Programmable Real-Time Controllers
- Updated to cover the latest Beagle boards, Linux kernel versions, and Linux software releases.
- Includes new content on Linux kernel development, the Linux Remote Processor Framework, CAN Bus, IoT frameworks, and much more!
BeagleBone RS485 CAN Bus Cape
Explore the high-performance, low-power world with the tiny, affordable, open-source BeagleBone boards. Putting Android, Ubuntu and other Linux flavors at your fingertips, the Beagle family revs as high as 1GHz with flexible peripheral interfaces and a proven ecosystem of feature-rich "Cape" plug-in boards such as our BeagleBone RS485 CAN Bus Cape.
This BeagleBone Serial Cape is the most flexible way to connect to other devices with a serial connection. This cape allows for simultaneous use of one RS485 port and one Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus interface.