Embedded System For Custom-Built IoT Applications Supports Android, Ubuntu, And Windows IOT Core
UP Squared is a solution for custom-built IOT applications. It supports a range of operating systems including Ubuntu, Android 7.1, and Windows 10 IOT Core, which gives users access to Microsoft app templates and code editors. AAEON has also partnered with Intel to produce the UP Squared Grove IOT Development Kit, which includes sensors, buttons, and a screen to custom-build IOT applications.
Powered by Intel Atom E3900 series, Intel Pentium N4200, or Intel Celeron N3350 processors (formerly codenamed Apollo Lake), UP Squared boasts 2GB/4GB/8GB LPDDR4 memory and up to 128GB of eMMC storage. The board also houses an Intel Gen9 GPU, which supports 4K codecs. Expansion is achieved via a 40-pin GPIO, a 60-pin EXHAT connector, or through SATA3, PCIe, and M.2 ports. The board also features multiple USB ports and CSI, HDMI, DP, and eDP interfaces.
- High performance and low power consumption features of Intel® Celeron™, Pentium™ and Atom™ Processors (codename Apollo Lake)
- FPGA multifunction switching capability plus numerous I/O
- GPU is supporting 4K Codec Decode and Encode for HEVC4, H.264 and VP8.
- LPDDR4 Max 8G and eMMC Max 128G on the board.
- Scalable IO module integration
- Supports Windows 10, Windows IoT Core, Ubilinux, Ubuntu, Yocto and Android 7.0
- Develop community support (www.up-community.org)
Creating programs for the Internet of Things offers you an opportunity to build and program custom devices whose functionality is limited only by your imagination.
This book teaches you to do exactly that, with solutions presented in a step-by-step format.
When you read this book, you not only learn the fundamentals of device programming, you will also be ready to write code for revolutionizing devices and robots. You don’t need to be an expert in low-level programming to benefit from this book.
It explains basic concepts and programming techniques before diving into the more complicated topics.
Each of the book’s chapters and appendices contains a suitable level of detail to help you quickly master device programming.