Founded in 2008, Laike is a provider of hardware, software, and services for the mobile and industrial communication sector with emphasis on Classical CAN Bus and CAN FD products. The LCminiPCIe-431/432 board enables the connection of embedded PCs and laptops with PCI Express Mini slots to CAN Bus networks. The CAN ports provide a galvanic isolation of up to 2500 V between host computer and the network. The product is available in single- or dual-channel versions.
The board embeds a 16-MHz Cortex-M3 micro-controller with on-chip CAN controllers compatible with NXP’s SJA1000 stand-alone controller. The product is equipped with ADM3053 CAN transceivers from Analog Devices. The 120-Ω termination resistors can be switched-off. The pin-assignment of the 9-pin Dsub connectors complies with CiA 303-1.
The Chinese supplier provides low-level driver software for Intime, Linux, QNX, Ubuntu, Vxworks, and Windows operating systems. In addition, the LCAN-Basic programming environment is available, which includes the LCAN monitor running under Windows.
- CAN interface for the PCI Express Mini slot
- Bit rates from 5 kbit/s up to 1 Mbit/s
- 1 or 2 High-speed CAN channels (ISO 11898-2)
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-bit ID) and 2.0B (29-bit ID)
- CAN bus connection via connection cable and D-Sub Board, 9-pin (in accordance with CiA® 303-1)
- Galvanic isolation on the CAN connection up to 2500 V, separate for each CAN channel
- Cortex™-M3 CPU integrates CAN controller, compatible NXP SJA1000,16 MHz clock frequency
- ADI ADM3053 CAN transceiver
- Extended operating temperature range from -40 to 85 °C (-40 to 185 °F)
- Device drivers and Programming interface for Windows, Linux, Vxworks 6.8, QNX, Ubuntu and INTime
- Programming interface LCAN-Basic for developing applications with CAN connection
- CAN monitor LCANTest for Windows®
PCI Express 3.0 is the latest generation of the popular peripheral interface found in virtually every PC, server, and industrial computer. Its high bandwidth, low latency, and cost-to-performance ratio make it a natural choice for many peripheral devices today. Each new generation of PCI Express adds more features, capabilities and bandwidth, which maintains its popularity as a device interconnect.
MindShare's books take the hard work out of deciphering the specs, and this one follows that tradition. MindShare's PCI Express Technology book provides a thorough description of the interface with numerous practical examples that illustrate the concepts.
Written in a tutorial style, this book is ideal for anyone new to PCI Express. At the same time, its thorough coverage of the details makes it an essential resource for seasoned veterans.
Essential topics covered include:
- PCI Express Origins
- Configuration Space and Access Methods
- Enumeration Process
- Packet Types and Fields
- Transaction Ordering
- Traffic Classes, Virtual Channels and Arbitration (QoS)
- Flow Control
- ACK/NAK Protocol
- Logical PHY (8b/10b, 128b/130b, Scrambling)
- Electrical PHY
- Link Training and Initialization
- Interrupt Delivery (Legacy, MSI, MSI-X)
- Error Detection and Reporting
- Power Management (for both software and hardware)
- 2.0 and 2.1 Features (such as 5.0GT/s, TLP Hints, and Multi-Casting)
- 3.0 Features (such as 8.0GT/s, and a new encoding scheme)
- Considerations for High Speed Signaling (such as Equalization)
Acropack CAN modules from Acromag (USA) target defense and avionics applications with PCIe mezzanine supporting Arinc 825 and CAN aerospace standards. The AP560 module provides four independent, isolated CAN channels. Each channel has a H13111 CAN controller by Holt paired with a galvanic isolated ADM3053 transceiver by Analog Devices. Designed for defense and avionics applications, the interface board is configurable to [...]
ESD Electronics (Germany) has extended its 402 series of CAN interface boards. The PCIeMini card features two CAN FD (Flexible Data Rate) ports available at 9-pin D-sub connectors.Due to its compact design, the CAN interface board can be used in notebooks, laptops, MiniPCs, and hat-rail mounted PCs as well as embedded systems without the need for an [...]
ACCES I/O Products announced the release of a family of mini PCI Express (mPCIe) digital I/O cards, the mPCIe-DIO Family with Digital Integration Features. These PCI Express Mini cards feature a selection of digital I/O functions for compact control and monitoring applications. Choose up to 24 channels offering various voltage, isolation, speed, and counter/timer options and can integrate [...]
APLEX introduced their TITAN Series, a solid state embedded PC solution. The first two models of the TITAN Series are ACS-2310 and ACS-2320. The ACS-2310 is targeted at applications that require ultra-compact size and ultra-low power consumption. At 1" height, it comes standard with a total of 6 USB ports, 3 Serial Ports, 2 RJ-45 LAN [...]
Axiomtek announced their SHB140 PICMG 1.3 full-sized single board computer based on the 14nm 6th generation Intel Core processor in the LGA1151 package with Intel Q170 Express chipset (codename: Skylake). The high performance SHB-based CPU card supports PCI Express Gen 3.0 with data rates up to 8.0 GT/s and comes with two DDR4-2133MHz un-buffered DIMM sockets supporting [...]
(Hazlet, New Jersey) February 26, 2016 - AAEON, a developer of industrial computing solutions, launched their BOXER-6652 and BOXER-6852 embedded box PCs for high demand industrial automation applications. The Intel® Core™ Processor i5-4402E driving the systems not only packs more processing power; the chips also have enhanced graphical support capabilities for broader applications. The systems are further supported [...]
February 23, 2016 - Dell introduced their Embedded Box PC 3000 and 5000 fanless PCs that are designed to MIL-STD 810G specifications and have an operating temperature range from 0°C to 50°C.These are highly reliable devices that can be used “headless” or with keyboard, mouse and monitor. Flexible and powerful, with extensive wired and wireless input/output (I/O) [...]