PCI Express Mini Card with 2 CAN or 2 CAN FD Interfaces
esd electronics announces their CAN-PCIeMini/402-2(-FD), a PCI Express Mini Card with 2 CAN or 2 CAN FD (Flexible Data Rate) Interfaces. he CAN-PCIeMini/402-2 is an add-in PCI Express Full-Mini Card, featuring two electrically isolated CAN High-Speed interfaces. The PCI Express® Mini Card CAN-PCIeMini/402-2-FD comes with two CAN FD interfaces. An optional adapter offers a DSUB9 connector and on-board CAN termination.
The independent CAN nets are driven by the ISO 16845:2004 certified esdACC (esd Advanced CAN Core) implemented in the Altera FPGA. The FPGA supports bus mastering (first-party DMA) to transfer data to the host memory. This results in a reduction of overall latency on servicing I/O transactions in particular at higher data rates and a reduced host CPU load.
Due to the usage of MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) the CAN-PCIeMini/402-2(-FD) can be operated for example in Hypervisor environments. The CAN-PCIeMini/402-2(-FD) provides high resolution 64-bit hardware timestamps for CAN messages.
- 2 CAN (FD) interfaces according to ISO 11898-2
- Bus mastering and local data management by FPGA
- PCIe® Mini interface according to Mini Card Electromechanical Spec. R1.2
- Supports MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- Full-Mini Card (Type F2) form factor
- Software drivers for Windows® and Linux® included free of charge
- Optional CAN layer 2 software drivers for real-time operating systems
- CANopen®, J1939 and ARINC 825 protocol libraries for Classical CAN applications
- ISO 16845:2004 certified esd Advanced CAN Core (esdACC) technology
- High resolution hardware timestamps
- Download/View the esd electronics CAN-PCIeMini/402-2(-FD) data sheet (PDF)...
- More Information...
PCI System Architecture is a detailed and comprehensive guide to the Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) Bus Specification, Intels technology for fast communication between peripheral devices and the computer processor.
This new edition has been thoroughly updated, reorganized, and expanded to cover the PCI Local Bus Specification version 2.2 and other recent developments, including the new PCI Hot-Plug Specification, changes to the PCI-to-PCI Bridge Architecture Specification, revisions to the PCI Bus Power Management Interface Specification, and the new features of the PCI BIOS Specification.
This book provides clear and concise explanations of the relationship of PCI to the rest of the system and PCI fundamentals, including commands, read and write transfers, memory and I/O addressing, error handling, interrupts, and configuration transactions and registers.
In addition, you will find specific information on such key topics as:
- Hot-Plug Specification
- Power management
- The 64-bit PCI Extension
- 66 MHz PCI Implementation
- Expansion ROMs
- PCI-to-PCI Bridge and the PCI BIOS
- Add-in cards and connectors
- Bus arbitration
- Reflected-wave switching