CAN Bus Shield for Arduino With MCP2515 Controller
Free Shipping Within The United States!
The CAN Bus is a common industrial bus because of its speed and extremely high reliability. It is commonly found on modern machine tools and as an automotive diagnostic bus. This CAN Bus Shield adopts the MCP2515 CAN Bus controller with SPI interface and the MCP2551 CAN transceiver to provide your Arduino board with CAN Bus capability. With an OBD-II converter cable added on and the OBD-II library imported, you are ready to build an onboard diagnostic device or data logger.
- Implements CAN V2.0B at up to 1 Mb/s
- SPI Interface up to 10 MHz
- Standard (11 bit) and extended (29 bit) data and remote frames
- Industrial standard 9 pin sub-D connector
- Two receive buffers with prioritized message storage
- Operating voltage: DC5-12V
- Size: 78mmx53.5m
- MCP2515 Data Sheet (PDF)...
- MCP2551 Data Sheet (PDF)...
- CAN Bus Shield Schematics (PDF)...
- Brief Introduction to Controller Area Network...
Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial network technology that was originally designed for the automotive industry, especially for European cars, but has also become a popular bus in industrial automation as well as other applications.
The CAN bus is primarily used in embedded systems, and as its name implies, is a network technology that provides fast communication among microcontrollers up to real-time requirements, eliminating the need for the much more expensive and complex technology of a Dual-Ported RAM.
This book provides complete information on all CAN features and aspects combined with a high level of readability.