SAE J1939 250k/500k Baud Rate Converter
The JCOM.J1939.BRC converts SAE J1939 standard baud rates 250k to 500k and vice versa. The converter provides one CAN Bus port at 250k baud and another at 500k baud. The converter operates at voltages between 7 VDC and 32 VDC, therefore well-suited for operation with diesel engines.
The introduction of 500 Kbps (see SAE J1939/14) as an alternative to 250 Kbps required clarifications on how to solve problems that come with incorporating devices supporting different baud rate settings in the same network.
Attempts to connect a 250k supporting device into an existing 500k network or vice versa will fail unless the device supports automatic baud rate detection. For such cases, one will require a baud rate converter.
- One CAN Port @ 250k baud
- One CAN Port @ 500k baud
- Input Power Range: 7 VDC to 32 VDC
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50C - 32 to 122F
- The operating temperature range may require the mounting in an temperature-controlled environment.
- The two CAN ports are not galvanically isolated.
- We are working on an enclosure to accommodate the converter board.
- The converter is fully programmable, i.e., we can add further functionality, such as message filtering, and more.
- We have an industrial-strength converter prototype, i.e., a module with an extended temperature range of -40C to +80C and galvanically isolated CAN ports. The release date depends on market response and available funding.
Please feel free to contact us in case you have questions or need a customization.
SAE J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator
Our J COM.J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator is designed to allow the experienced engineer as well as the beginner to experiment with SAE J1939 data communication without the need of connecting to a real-world J1939 network, i.e. a diesel engine. It may sound obvious, but in order to establish a network, you need at least two nodes, and that fact applies especially to CAN/J1939 where the CAN controller will basically shut down after transmitting data without receiving a response. For that reason, our jCOM.J1939 Starter Kit And Network Simulator consists of two J1939 nodes, namely our jCOM.J1939.USB, an SAE J1939 ECU Simulator Board With USB Port.