Dual Isolated CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi
Free Shipping Within The United States!
The Dual Channel CAN Bus expansion HAT, designed for the Raspberry Pi, supports the full CAN2.0 Standard, and it features multi onboard protection circuits, high anti-interference capability, and reliable operation. As a result, it suits applications such as automotive devices or industrial automation.
The HAT is well documented, and there are multiple code samples using the C and Python programming languages.
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards
- Adopts MCP2515 and SN65HVD230 dual chips combined solution, allows 2-channel CAN communication
- Integrated power isolation, providing stable isolated voltage, requires no extra power supply for the isolated terminal
- Onboard digital isolator, signal isolation makes the communication more safe, more stable, and better anti-interference
- Onboard TVS (Transient Voltage Suppressor) diode, provides ESD protection and transient peak voltage protection
- Onboard voltage translator, select 3.3V/5V operating voltage by jumper
- Onboard 120Ω terminal resistor, configured by jumper
- Breakout SPI control pins, for connecting with host control boards like STM32/Arduino
- Comes with development resources and manual
- CAN controller: MCP2515
- CAN transceiver: SN65HVD230
- Communication interface: SPI
- Operating voltage: 5V
- Logic level: 3.3V/5V
- Dimensions: 65.0 x 56.5 mm
Dual CAN Bus Ports
MCP2515 CAN Bus Controller + SN65HVD230 CAN Bus Transceiver
Dual Isolated CAN Bus HAT - Components
- MCP2515 CAN controller
- SN65HVD230 transceiver
- SI8642ED digital isolator
- RT9193-33 power chip
- B0505LS-1W power supply isolation module
- SM24CANB TVS diode
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO header
- CAN bus screw terminal
- MCU control pins
- 120Ω terminal resistor switch
- 3.3V/5V logic level switch
- Power indicator
Dual Isolated CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi - GPIO Pinout
Dual Isolated CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi - Dimensions
- Dual Isolated CAN bus HAT for Raspberry Pi - Schematic (PDF)...
- WIKI: www.waveshare.com/wiki/2-CH_CAN_HAT...
Raspberry Pi Cookbook: Software and Hardware Problems and Solutions
With millions of new users and various new models, the Raspberry Pi ecosystem continues to expand, along with further questions about the Pi’s capabilities.
The third edition of this popular cookbook provides more than 200 hands-on recipes that show you how to operate this miniature low-cost computer with embedded Linux; program it with Python; hook it up to sensors, motors, and Arduino boards; and even use it with the internet of things (IoT).
Prolific hacker and author Simon Monk also teaches the fundamental principles to support your use of new technologies with the Raspberry Pi.
This cookbook is ideal for programmers and hobbyists familiar with the Pi through resources such as Getting Started with Raspberry Pi (O’Reilly). Code examples from the book are available on GitHub.