SAE J1939 Protocol Converter Supports Modbus And Ethernet Connectivity
Axiomatic Technologies announced the release of their AX141810, a Modbus router with CAN Bus and Ethernet connectivity. It is available in two variants. The protocol converter is user-configurable via a web browser, featuring data exchange between a CAN Bus network, specifically SAE J1939, EIA-485, and Ethernet.
The unit integrates one isolated extended frame format CAN Bus interface, one isolated EIA-485 (Modbus RTU), and one Ethernet port (Modbus TCP). The product comes in two variants, the AX141810, a bidirectional Modbus (RTU+TCP/IP) to SAE J1939 converter, and the AX141830, an SAE J1939 to Modbus (RTU+TCP/IP) direction.
The AX141810 operates in a power supply range of 9 VDC to 36 VDC (12 VDC, 24 VDC nominal), with an integrated TE Deutsch 12-pin connector. It offers surge, over-voltage, and reverse polarity protection. In addition, the product provides an IP67 rating, allowing it to withstand harsh environments.
Axiomatic's protocol converters, routers, and CAN Bus gateways provide end-users and OEMs a solution for integrating their legacy or established systems. Axiomatic products support one-to-one conversion of TTL, EIA-232, EIA-485, two CAN Bus networks, and Ethernet (proprietary protocols are supported on request).
- Fast data exchange between a CAN network (SAE J1939), RS-485 bus (Modbus RTU) and Ethernet (Modbus TCP/IP)
- Model AX141810 – bidirectional Modbus (RTU+TCP/IP) to CAN and vice versa
- Model AX141830 - CAN to Modbus (RTU+TCP/IP) direction
- 1 Isolated CAN port (CAN 2.0B)
- 1 Isolated RS-485 serial port
- 1 Ethernet port (Modbus TCP)
- Operational from 9 to 36 Vdc (12 Vdc, 24 Vdc nominal)
- Integrated TE Deutsch 12-pin connector
- Fully sealed enclosure with a rugged IP67 protection rating
- Compact size
- User configurable using a web browser
SAE J1939 to RS232 & USB Gateway
The JCOM.J1939.SER gateway is a high-performance, low-latency, serial vehicle network adapter for SAE J1939 applications. It allows any host device with an RS232 or USB port to monitor SAE J1939 data traffic and communicate with the SAE J1939 vehicle network. An SAE J1939 cable, suited for a 9-pin Deutsch connection, is available as an option.
The gateway supports the full SAE J1939 protocol according to J1939/81 Network Management (Address Claiming) and J1939/21 Transport Protocol (TP). In addition, an extensive programming interface supports Windows and Linux/Ubuntu applications, including complete C/C++/C# source code for short time-to-market developments.