Fanless Embedded System With NXP i.MX 8M Processor With Isolated CAN Bus Port For In-Vehicle Applications
Axiomtek, a design and manufacturing company in the industrial computer and embedded field, announced the release of their Agent336, a RISC-based fanless embedded box PC certified for in-vehicle applications. The Agent336 measures 6.46" x 4.65" x 1.7" and weighs about 2.2 lbs. The embedded computer can endure harsh operating environments with an operating temperature range of -40°C to +70°C and a power input of 9 VDC to 36V DC.
This In-vehicle box computer is powered by NXP's i.MX 8M processor with the ARM Cortex-A53 microarchitecture, and it comes with a 3GB onboard LPDDR4 memory.
The Agent336 supports intelligent power management for ACC on/off delay, shutdown delay, and over/under voltage protection. It runs under the Linux (Yocto) or Android 8.1 operating systems. The IP40-rated, RISC-based gateway represents a solid choice for in-vehicle solutions, such as device controller, fleet management, surveillance, and gateway functionality.
The Agent336 holds two RS-232/422/485 ports, 2-in/2-out DIO, one HDMI port, two USB 3.0 A-type ports, one console port, one Gigabit LAN port, one RTC battery, a reset button, and an isolated CAN Bus port. An onboard 8GB eMMC and a Micro SD card socket are available for storage needs.
Also, the embedded computer offers additional integration abilities through two full-size PCI Express Mini Card slots and a SIM card, as is suitable for a professional embedded system for transportation applications.
- RISC-based module (i.MX 8M) processor
- 2GB LPDDR4 memory onboard
- 8GB eMMC onboard
- 9 to 36 VDC wide range power input with terminal block
- Ready-to-run embedded Linux/Android operating system
- Wide operating temperature range from -40°C to +70°C
- E-Mark Certified
- Intelligent solution of vehicle power management (ACC ignition)
Autonomous Vehicles: Opportunities, Strategies, and Disruptions
Autonomous vehicles will change our fundamental lifestyles, and in doing so, create what are perhaps the most significant opportunities of this century. The benefits are unprecedented. The challenges are sizeable but not insurmountable. The strategies are exciting, and the disruptions will be frightening.
Autonomous Vehicles: Opportunities, Strategies, and Disruptions, written by a successful consultant and author on technology strategy, provides unique insight and perspective on autonomous vehicles:
- See how essential lifestyles will be transformed with new inexpensive and very convenient methods of transportation.
- Learn about autonomous driving, what it means, and the technologies that make it possible.
- Consider the unprecedented benefits that autonomous vehicles will bring.
- Discover autonomous ride services and how it will become one of the largest industries ever but at the same time, one of the most significant disruptions.
- Comprehend the exciting new markets that autonomous vehicles will create.
- Explore the anticipated strategies for each of the major companies competing for these new markets.
- Understand the likely disruptions from autonomous vehicles and the market shifts they bring.
In addition to an overall perspective on autonomous vehicles, the book includes projections for essential markets, new economic and business models, and a specific timetable for the stages of evolution. It is a must-read for anyone involved in autonomous vehicles, and for those who will be affected by the advent of autonomous vehicles. Also, it is an excellent introduction for those who are just curious about them.