Gateway Device Controls LIN Bus Via USB, Simulates LIN Master Or LIN Slave Nodes
Lipowski Industrie-Elektronik (Germany), a member of the LIN-Consortium, offers its Baby-LIN-II gateway. The Baby-LIN-II represents a small but powerful system to control a LIN bus via USB and simulate LIN master or LIN slave nodes. The galvanically isolated LIN interface avoids problems in harsh environments.
The device also supports stand-alone operation without a PC. A durability test sequence can be set up as a macro and automatically start connecting to the LIN bus, entirely without a PC.
The Baby-LIN-II can simulate different configurations of LIN-Bus nodes. It is possible to emulate any number of nodes ranging from none to all. These are some standard configurations:
- Simulate the LIN-Bus master to operate slave nodes.
- Simulate any number of LIN-Bus slave nodes.
- Simulate all nodes and therefor the complete communication on the bus.
- Simulate all but one node and realize a residual bus simulation.
- Simulate no node to monitor the bus communication only.
The LIN transceiver supports bus voltages in a range of 8 to 26 VDC and sustains a serial communication rate of up to 115200 Baud. Consequently, the Baby-LIN-II can control nodes operating outside the standard limits of the LIN specification. The supported LIN-versions are V.1.2, V.1.3, up to V.2.2.
- LIN-Bus controller for restbus simulation, ECU test, automated test systems, software development and more
- Can be used via USB on a PC or as stand-alone device.
- Supports LIN-bus versions 1.2, 1.3, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2.
- Galvanically isolated LIN-bus interface allows for trouble-free operation on a PC.
- Simulates LIN master and/or LIN slave nodes.
- Realtime access on signal and frame data (read/write).
- Monitor operation with timestamp recording.
- Support for DTL (Diagnostic Transport Layer).
- Power Supply Range of of 8 to 28 VDC.
- Support of DTL (Diagnostic Transport Layer).
- LINWorks application suite includes LDF-editor, session configurator and fully customizable user interface.
- Control LIN-bus from your PC application via DLL.
- Sample code available for C#, Visual C, Visual Basic and LabView
- Target applications are bus simulation, ECU test, automatic test systems, demonstration objects and a lot more...
- Ultra compact. Dimensions: 85 x 45mm (H x W).
Teensy 3.2 CAN Bus And LIN Bus Breakout Board
This is a CAN Bus breakout board for use with the Teensy 3.2 (included in the scope of delivery). It comes with an onboard 5 VDC regulator with reverse voltage protection, a CAN Bus transceiver and a prototyping area. The LIN Bus connection is provided by the Microchip MCP2004A chip.
The Teensy is a complete USB-based microcontroller development system, compatible with Arduino software and libraries. It comes in a minimal footprint, capable of implementing a great variety of projects. All programming is accomplished via the onboard USB port.