Embedded Programming With STM32 Nucleo Boards
The STM32 Nucleo family of processors, manufactured by STMicroelectronics, are low-cost ARM microcontroller development boards. This book describes development projects using the popular Nucleo development board. The first chapters of the book briefly describe the architecture of the Nucleo family.
Additional chapters address software development tools for the Nucleo boards such as mbed, Keil MDK, TrueSTUDIO, and the System Workbench. The book covers various projects using the features of the STM32 Nucleo development boards, including the full software listings for Mbed and System Workbench for each project.
The projects range from simple flashing LEDs to more complex projects using modules and devices such as GPIO, ADC, DAC, I²C, LCD, analog inputs, and more. Moreover, numerous projects apply to the Nucleo Expansion Boards, including popular expansion boards such as a solid-state relay, MEMS and environmental sensors, DC motor driver, Wi-Fi, and stepper motor driver.
These expansion boards plug onto the Nucleo development boards to simplify the project development.
- Learn the architecture of the STM32 microcontrollers
- Learn how to use the Nucleo development board in projects using Mbed and System Workbench Toolchains
- Learn how to use the Nucleo Expansion Boards with the Nucleo development boards
The affordable STM32 Nucleo boards enable anyone to try out new ideas and instantly build prototypes with any STM32 MCU.
Sharing identical connectors, the STM32 Nucleo boards can be effortlessly extended by a considerable number of functional application hardware add-ons (Nucleo-64 include Arduino Uno rev3 & ST morpho compatible connectors).
The STM32 Nucleo boards integrate an ST-Link debugger/programmer, so there is no requirement for a separate probe.
The XNucleo board series represents an extended version of the standard Nucleo development boards as explained in detail below.
- Compatible with NUCLEO-F411RE, onboard Cortex-M4 microcontroller STM32F411RET6
- Arduino connectivity support, easy to connect with various Arduino shields and access the massive Arduino resources
- ST Morpho headers provide full access to all STM32 I/Os, easy for peripheral expansion
- Supports mbed, build prototype quickly by mbed SDK and online tools
- Comprehensive free software HAL library including a variety of software examples
- Comes with a separated ST-LINK/V2 module