This product is under current development. Please feel free to contact us for further information.
Our market research showed that there are a few of such devices available, but they are either over-priced (well, in our humble opinion) or not suitable for implementation into existing automobile applications. Our approach will be the creation of a low-cost device that provides the highest level of flexibility in regard to integration into existing systems.
The JCOM.LINCAN utilizes our JCOM.AUTONET, an Automotive Network Development System With CAN, CAN FD, and LIN BUS ports.
- ARM Cortex-M3 Processor LPC1768
- Clock Frequency up to 100 MHz
- 1 x Classical CAN Bus Interface
- 1 x CAN FD Interface
- 1 x LIN BUS Port
- 1 x USB Port for Firmware Updates
- Extended Temperature Range of -40C to +85C
- Power Supply: 7...36 VDC
- Additional 12 VDC required for LIN ports
- Environmentally friendly, RoHS compliant
The JCOM.LINCAN device will provide the connection between a CAN or CAN FD and a LIN BUS network, i.e., per default, the device will act as a LIN master.
The programming capabilities include the following features:
- Operation with Classical CAN or CAN FD
- CAN & LIN BUS message mapping (per Windows setup tool)
- Operation as LIN master or slave
- LIN master or slave simulation per Windows software
Follow Up On Progress
- LIN To CAN Bus Gateway - Prototyping And Firmware Development With The Arduino-Compatible Teensy Board...
- LIN To CAN Bus Gateway - Implementing CAN Bus And Lin Bus Master With Arduino-Compatible Teensy Board...
We will add more content over time, reflecting on the progress of this project.
For more information on our current strategy for Automotive Networks see:
For more information on Local Interconnect Network (LIN), see:
- Introduction to the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) Bus…
- Local Interconnect Network (Wikipedia)…
- The LIN Interface and Automotive Interconnects—A Perfect Match...