Industrial RS232/RS485 to Ethernet Converter
Free Shipping Within The United States!
This gateway is an industrial-strength RS232/RS485 to Ethernet converter that allows a bi-directional transparent data transmission between RS232/RS485 devices and an Ethernet RJ45 port. The gateway is a great solution for industrial control systems that need an expansion to IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) applications. The configuration is accomplished by means of a webpage.
- M4 series 32-bit ARM processor with up to 120MHz frequency, fast speed, stable and reliable
- 10/100M Auto-MDI/MDIX ethernet interface, regardless of cross-over or straight-through cable
- Both RS232 and RS485 interface, allows to work independently at the same time, without interfering each other
- Configurable baudrate (600bps~230.4Kbps), supports five parity check options: None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
- Multi indicators, for monitoring communicating and working status
- Available working modes: TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP Server, UDP Client, HTTPD Client (supports GET and POST)
- Supports Modbus, suit for industrial application
- Supports Websocket, allows bi-directional transparent data transmission with RS232/RS485 port via webpage directly
- Configurable via webpage, AT commands, serial protocol, and network protocol, provides configuration protocol which can be integrated to your own software
- Supports customized heartbeat packets, make sure the connection is truthful, as well as for actively retrieving sensor data
- Supports customized registration packets, auto passing the registered packet as identifier after the connection is established, so that different devices can be distinguished
- Supports customized webpage, allows user to customize the module configuration page
- Supports RFC2217-like protocol, be able to communicate with devices whose serial setting (baudrate, data bit, etc.) may change
- KeepAlive mechanism, detects broken connection, auto re-connecting
- Supports time-out reboot (no-data reboot), ensures a long-term stable connection, configurable reboot time
- Supports DNS domain name resolution, configurable DNS server
- Supports DHCP, auto-obtained IP or static IP
- Firmware is upgradable via the network
- Restore to factory settings via software and/or hardware
- Comes with default MAC address, which is customizable
- Provided software: module configuration software, TCP/UDP testing tool, VCOM virtual serial port software
- Example code: host computer (socket ), VB, C++, Delphi, Android, iOS, etc.
- Connector: 4-pin RJ45
- Communication rate: 10/100Mbps
- Interface protection: 2KV electromagnetic isolation
- Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, DHCP, DNS, HTTPD Client, Websocket
- TX cache: 16Kbyte
- RX cache: 16Kbyte
- RS485: screw terminal (A+, B-, GND)
- RS232: DB9 male
- Data bit: 5bit, 6bit, 7bit, 8bit
- Stop bit: 1, 2
- Parity bit: None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
- Baudrate: 600bps~230.4Kbps
- TX cache: 2Kbyte
- RX cache: 2Kbyte
- Hardware flow control: RTS/CTS
- Interface protection:
- RS485: 2KV ESD protection, lightning-proof, anti-surge, over-current protection
- RS485 pull up/down registers: 2.2KΩ
- Power supply: 5.0~36.0V (5V recommended)
- Operating current: 86.5mA (@5V)
- Power consumption: <1W
- Interface protection: reverse-proof, ESD protection, anti-surge
- Operating temperature: -40~85°C
- Storage temperature: -40~105°
RS232/RS485 to Ethernet Converter - Dimensions
RS232/RS485 to Ethernet Converter - Development Resources
- User Manual (PDF)...
- PC Socket Demo (zip)...
- M0-Configuration Software (7z)...
- USR TCP 232 Test Software (7z)...
- USR VCOM Software (7z)...
Ethernet: The Definitive Guide: Designing and Managing Local Area Networks
Get up to speed on the newest Ethernet capacities for developing and maintaining networks for everything from homes and offices to data centers and server machine rooms.
This fully updated, comprehensive guide comprises an extensive range of Ethernet technologies, from essential operation to network management, based on the authors’ multiple years of field experience.
- When should you upgrade to higher speed Ethernet?
- How do you use switches to build more extensive networks?
- How do you troubleshoot the system?
This book provides the answers. If you are looking to create a scalable network with Ethernet to provide higher bandwidth and market requirements, this book is indeed the definitive guide.