EMW3162 WiFi Shield For Arduino
The EMW3162 WIFI Shield for Arduino consists of the base board plus the WiFi module EMW3162 (B). It allows you to connect your Arduino/Nucleo board with the Internet or to your home/office network. Thanks to the EMW3162 WIFI Shield, WiFi communication will become easy for devices that feature the Arduino connectivity.
The EMW3162 is a low-power, low-cost embedded Wi-Fi module with built-in high-performance low-power Cortex-M3 microcontroller, 128KB RAM + 1MB Flash, including a set of analog and digital interfaces provided, 3.3V single power supply, patch or pin packages. The module runs under the MiCO networking operating system that supports secondary development, and users can take advantage of the TCP / IP protocol stack and a collection of security encryption algorithms to perform a variety of embedded Wi-Fi applications.
The WiFi module EMW3162:
- Is as easy to use as an serial module due to the serial transparent transmission firmware.
- Supports high stability.
- Comes with ultra low power consumption, online standby 7mA only.
The base board:
- Is compatible with the Arduino interface, using only the internal UART.
- Works as an Arduino WiFi Shield, connects to Arduino boards like : UNO, Leonardo, Nucleo, Xnucleo, etc.
- Works as an Arduino WiFi board, allows connecting with Arduino shields
- Onboard USB to UART converter FT230XS, for UART debugging and/or firmware updating
- Onboard WiFi TX/RX LEDs, indicating the WiFi communication status
- Supports EasyLink fast matching (instant networking by pushing the SSID and password of the wireless router via smart phone APP)
- Supports one-key recovery to factory setting (no need to flash the firmware for configuration errors)
- Flexible boot mode configuration
- 500mA fast self-recovery fuse, stable and safe
What's on board:
- Arduino interface : for connecting with Arduino boards and/or Arduino shields
- EMW3162 connector : for connecting the WiFi module EMW3162
- EMW3162 extend pin headers : access to the common used pins of EMW3162
- SWD interface : for programming and debugging
- USB TO UART interface : for UART debugging and/or firmware updating
- FT230XS : onboard USB to UART converter
- RT9193-33 : onboard 3.3V regulator
- Fuse : 500mA fast self-recovery fuse
- BOOT switch
- turn to H, the BOOT pin will be connected to 3.3V
- turn to L, the BOOT pin will be connected to GND
- STATUS switch
- turn to H, the STATUS pin will be connected to 3.3V
- turn to L, the STATUS pin will be connected to GND
- WiFi indicator : LEDs for indicating the WiFi communication status
- WPS key
- press the key, the EMW3162 will start WPS matching
- press the key and hold it for 5 seconds, the EMW3162 will recover to factory setting
- EASYLINK key
- press the key, the EMW3162 will start EasyLink matching
- RESET key
- Power indicator
- WiFi serial port configuration jumpers
- connect the WFRX to FTTX, WFTX to FTRX respectively, you can communicate with the EMW3162 through USB TO UART interface
- connect the WFRX to TX, WFTX to RX respectively, you can communicate with the EMW3162 through Arduino interface
Designing Embedded Systems and the Internet of Things (IoT) with the ARM mbed offers an accessible guide to the development of ARM mbed and includes a range of topics on the subject from the basic to the advanced.
ARM mbed is a platform and operating system based on 32-bit ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers. This vital resource puts the focus on ARM mbed NXP LPC1768 and FRDM-K64F evaluation boards.
The NXP LPC1768 has powerful features such as a fast microcontroller, various digital and analog I/Os, various serial communication interfaces, and a very easy to use Web-based compiler.
It is one of the most popular kits that are used to study and create projects. FRDM-K64F is relatively new and mostly compatible with NXP LPC1768 but with even more powerful features.