EMW3162 WiFi Module With Antenna
Free Shipping Within The United States!
EMW3162 is the new module that design by MXCHIP. For embedded product applications, its focus is on the ultra-low power low cost. This Wi-Fi wireless LAN module combines the latest Wi-Fi technology and microcontroller technology within IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless communications and a variety of energy-saving mode, widely used in a variety of new intelligent electronic products. It has the latest features EMW316x series modules, but also keeps full compatibility with the EMW3280 module.
The EMW3162 has a built-in frequency of up to 120MHz to run the Cortex-M3 microcontroller STM32F205RG, 1M byte of Flash, 128k bytes of SRAM and extensive peripheral functions with the MxchipWnet embedded Wi-Fi firmware.
Users can easily and quickly add Wi-Fi network communication capabilities for embedded devices. You can use the MxchipWNet software library for a variety of embedded Wi-Fi module applications.
- EMW3162 is a low power consumption serial WiFi module, with onboard antenna and shield case. it comes with serial transparent transmission firmware for easy use.
- As easy to use as an serial module with the provided serial transparent transmission firmware
- High stability, hardly goes down
- Ultra low power consumption, online standby 7mA only
- Antenna option EMW3162: onboard PCB antenna EMW3162 (B): external antenna via IPEX
- 120MHz Cortex-M3 microcontroller STM32F205RG
- MxchipWnet embedded Wi-Fi firmware
- Building automation / access control, security control systems
- Built-in real-time operating system
- Onboard 120MHz MCU STM32F205RG, with 1MB Flash and 128kB SRAM
- Supports Easy Link (APP provided)
- Single power supply : 3.3V
- Typical power consumption
- When transmitting data in the speed of 20kbps (transmission cycle 100ms) : avg. 24mA
- Online standby : about 7mA
- Full functional WiFi connectivity
- Supports IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi frequency range 1-13
- Emitting power : 8dBm@11b, 15dBm@11g, 14.5dBm@11n
- Receiving sensitivity : -96dBm
- WPS 2.0
- Security algorithms : WEP, WPA/WPA2 PSK/Enterprise
- Multi power saving modes
The serial transparent transmission firmware :
- Based on the mxchipWNet plus standard library, includes all the functions of standard library, open source
- Configured via the PC software EMW ToolBox
- Supports baud rate 9600-921600bps, supports hardware flow control
- Supports Web remote firmware updating and configuring
- Serial transparent transmission firmware
- Configuration tool, User manual
- EMW3162 DataSheet, software libraries, application notes
Building automation / access control, security control systems
Automatic House appliances
Medical and personal care system
Mobile point of sale system (POS)
EasyLink a key configuration
Ultra-low power consumption, keep the network connection only 7mA
Seamless roaming switch
Network transmission speed, the actual up to 20Mbps
Built-in real-time operating system, the new software system
We also have another product, EMW3162 WiFi Module (with internal antenna), please click here to check it out.
Wireless networking is poised to have a massive impact on communications, and the 802.11 standard is to wireless networking what Ethernet is to wired networking. There are already over 50 million devices using the dominant IEEE 802.11 (essentially wireless Ethernet) standard, with astronomical growth predicted over the next ten years. New applications are emerging every day, with wireless capability embedded in everything from electric meters to hospital patient tracking systems to security devices.
This practical reference guides readers through the wireless technology forest, giving them the knowledge, hardware, and software necessary to design a wireless embedded device inexpensively and effectively rapidly. Using off-the-shelf microcontrollers from Microchip and Atmel, the author provides step-by-step instructions for developing the hardware and firmware for a fully operational wireless networking device. The book gives a thorough introduction to 802.11 technology and puts it into perspective against the other wireless standard options. There is just enough theory and mathematics to provide the depth of understanding needed for practical design work.