CAN Bus LOGGER 3000
Sorry, but this product is discontinued on this website!
The WiFi CANLogger3000 allows you to access log files remotely across two modes: Access Point mode and Station mode. Further, the CANLogger3000 has a built-in real-time clock with battery backup.
The CANLogger3000 offers simple and user friendly logging of data from a CAN-bus without the use of a computer.
Data are stored on a 16 GB SD-card in a simple format so that it can be directly loaded into an analysis tool for post processing.
The logged data can be transferred rapidly via WiFi at up to 70 Mbps (9 MB/s) - or via USB.
With Station mode, the CANLogger3000 is able to connect to a WiFi hotspot - e.g. a router, smartphone hotspot or mobile truck hotspot. This makes it ideal for logging CAN bus, J1939 or OBD2 data at scale in e.g. vehicle fleet applications.
Simply access each logger while on the network to download the log files - or use our pull scripts to automatize the process.
Further, we soon expect to release an FTP push mode that will allow the logger to push log files to an FTP server when the logger is connected to a hotspot. This will allow you to continuously collect data across e.g. hundreds of loggers. With our free CANvas software, it's easy to then convert (using *.DBC files) and optionally merge / down sample the data. The result is an extremely convenient wireless CAN bus data logger - at an amazing price.
Like our CANLogger1000/2000, the CANLogger3000 also has a range of advanced features.
In particular, the device offers a wide range of configuration possibilities, such as message filtering, down-sampling, automatic bit-rate detection, cyclic-logging, heartbeat signal and runtime logging control. Further, recently added features include the ability to transmit up to 20 custom CAN messages (for use in e.g. OBD-II logging) and a new serial interface letting the logger act as a wired CAN interface for streaming real-time data (incl. integration with Wireshark via CANvas).
The ability to enable message filtering and configure which data fields to log combined with the huge available storage capacity makes the device suitable for long-term stand-alone data logging.
The device configuration can be done on a PC and requires no special software - or via our free CANvas software. To simplify the device configuration and to test the CAN-bus connection, the device supports real-time CAN-bus traffic to be displayed directly on a PC using the USB-connection.
The device uses a standard D-sub 9 connector to connect to the CAN-bus and a removable mini-USB cable to connect to a PC.
- A 2-in-1 CAN analyzer: Wireless CAN logger and wired real-time CAN interface
- Wireless transfer of log data via "Access Point" or "Station" modes (LAN standard 802.11 b/g/n)
- Access data wirelessly via PC, laptop, tablet or phone - locally or online
- WiFi security via WEP, WPA, WPA2 and customizable password
- 16 GB SD card included for stand-alone CAN bus recording
- Rapid wireless CAN data transfer up to 70 Mbps (~9 MB/s)
- Real-time clock with battery backup for date & time stamping CAN data
- "Plug-and-log" right out of the box - incl. bit-rate auto-detection support
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO-11898-2) to log e.g. J1939, CANopen, OBD2
- Supports 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B) identifiers
- Compact and robust enclosure the size of a matchbox
- Powered via USB or CAN bus (standard DB9 connector, with optional J1939 or OBD2 adaptor)
- Low power usage (~1 watt in default logging mode) - no risk of battery drainage
- Logger status easily visible via 3 external LEDs
- Standard 8 GB internal memory (approximately 250.000.000 messages)
- Extended 32 GB internal memory (approximately 1.000.000.000 messages)
- Free configuration and conversion tool (CANvas)...
- Free firmware updates
- USB drivers
- Introduction, Guides and Articles...
- CAN Logger User Manual (PDF)...
- Preview of a CANLogger3000 example log file...
- CAN Logger Technical Specs (PDF)...
- Functionality: Data logger and real-time CAN interface
- LEDs: Logger status via three externally visible LEDs
- Firmware: Supports free firmware updates for adding features
- Software: Free CANvas software for configuration, streaming & conversion
- Compliance: CE, FCC, IC, RoHS certified
- Standard: Compliant with physical layer standard ISO 11898-2
- Identifiers: Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-Bit ID) and 2.0B (29-Bit ID)
- Bit Rate: Bit rates up to 1 Mbps (manually configured or automatically detected)
- Bit-rate auto-detection: Yes
- Protocol Support: Protocol independent (i.e. able to log J1939, CANopen, OBD2, ...)
- Filters: Advanced message filtering on four configurable channels
- Silent Mode: Yes (does not affect CAN-bus transmission)
- Fail-Safes: The device does not terminate the CAN-bus internally
- SD Card: 16 GB SD card
- Real-Time Clock
- Control Signal: Logging state (enabled/disabled) can be changed run-time using a CAN-bus control message
- Heartbeat Signal: Supports heartbeat signal to periodically indicate logger status
- Cyclic Logging: Supports cyclic logging mode (oldest log file is deleted when file system is full)
- Down Sampling: Channel specific message down-sampling to reduce frequency of logged messages
- Transmit: Transmit up to 20 customized CAN bus messages (e.g. for OBD2 queries)
- File System: Standard FAT file system
- Power via CAN-bus: Power can be supplied from CAN-bus or from the USB
- Via CAN bus: Power supplied by the CAN bus (+7.0V to +36V DC)
- Protection: Reverse voltage protection on CAN-bus supply; transient voltage pulse protection on CAN-bus supply
- Power via USB: Power supplied by USB (+5.0V DC)
- Current Draw: The CAN-bus connector current draw is approximately 40mA@12V
- Enclosure: Robust, small enclosure
- Dimensions: 66.7 x 42.7 x 23.5 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 45 grams; 1.6 oz.
- Connector: Standard D-sub 9 (DB9) connector (OBD2, J1939 adaptor optional)
- Operating temperature: -20C to +80C
- IP Rating: IP Rating 30
CANvas is a powerful, simple and free software tool for use with the CANLoggerX000 series of CAN bus data loggers from http://www.csselectronics.com In this video we present how you can use the tool to configure your logger, stream real-time data and convert raw CAN bus data into scaled engineering values. For an overview & download links, check out our official page: http://www.csselectronics.com/screen/page/can-bus-logger-tools Key features of the tool include: CONFIGURATION - Logger ID, data separator, file split limit (e.g. new log every 100 MB) - Bit rate incl. optional auto-detection and Silent/'Listen Only' mode - Customizable RTC and date/timestamp format (CANLogger2000/3000) - Cyclic Logging: Delete oldest files when SD card is full - Heartbeat Signal: Receive status message every second from the logger - Control Signal: Optionally use custom trigger CAN ID to turn logging on/off - Transmit: Add custom CAN messages to be sent periodically (e.g. for OBD2) - Filtering: Specify message filters & down-sampling to focus your logging - NEW: For the CANLogger3000, you can also easily configure the WiFi settings LIVE STREAMING: - Advanced and highly customizable message/data filtering - Plugin DBC support to stream human-readable data (aka engineering values) - Plugin OBD2 dissector, allowing you to convert all standard parameters - Plugin ‘Live View’ (trace), showing a fixed view of unique CAN IDs and highlighting all changes to data bytes - powerful for CAN sniffing/hacking - Intuitive real-time graphical plots of converted data (e.g. OBD2, J1939, …) - Easily export to multiple formats incl. *.csv, *.c, *.txt and more - Load a CANLoggerX000 log file to leverage the Wireshark & Plugin features - Connect to the logger while data logging and leverage all the above DATA CONVERSION: - Easily load DBC files for use in conversion (e.g. SAE J1939) - Built-in support for FMS conversion rules (buses, trucks) - Load batches of log files & link together based on session IDs - Add custom conversion rules incl. name, start bit, length, scale, offset etc. - Optionally down-sample the logged data to e.g. 5 minute interval output - Add custom columns to the output file - Customize output timestamp to e.g. be interpreted as date & time in Excel - NEW: Merge multiple log files together into one output file - NEW: Convert raw log files into Vector CANalyzer or PEAK formats - NEW: Add summary statistics to down sampled data (standard dev, min, max) You can find many more great guides in our GUIDES section: http://www.csselectronics.com/screen/page/can-bus-articles-tools-cases In particular, we recommend checking out the following: 1) CAN BUS INTERFACE STREAMING WITH WIRESHARK: http://www.csselectronics.com/screen/page/can-interface-streaming-obd2-data-with-wireshark 2) REVERSE ENGINEERING CAN BUS MESSAGES WITH WIRESHARK http://www.csselectronics.com/screen/page/reverse-engineering-can-bus-messages-with-wireshark 3) DBC CAN BUS CONVERSION IN WIRESHARK: J1939 EXAMPLE http://www.csselectronics.com/screen/page/dbc-database-can-bus-conversion-wireshark-j1939-example If any questions, please contact us! http://www.csselectronics.com/screen/page/can-bus-logger-contact
Free CAN Bus S...CANvas is a powerful, simple and free software tool for use wi...
CAN Bus Analys...Check out our updated intro to CANvas here: https://youtu.be/K...
CAN-Bus Data L...Check out our updated intro to the CANLoggerX000 here: https:/...