CAN Bus LOGGER 1000
Sorry, but this product is discontinued on this website!
The CANLogger1000 offers simple and user-friendly logging of data from a CAN-Bus without the use of a computer. Data are stored on a standard SD-card in a simple format such that it can be directly loaded into an analysis tool for further post processing. The logged data can be transferred to a PC using a standard mini-USB cable and requires no special software.
For advanced users, the device offers a wide range of configuration possibilities, such as message filtering, down-sampling, automatic bit-rate detection, cyclic-logging, heartbeat signal and runtime logging control. Further, recently added features include the ability to transmit up to 20 custom CAN messages (for use in e.g. OBD-II logging) and a new serial interface letting the logger act as a CAN interface for streaming real-time data (incl. integration with Wireshark via CANvas).
The ability to enable message filtering and configure which data fields to log combined with the huge available storage capacity makes the device suitable for long-term stand-alone data logging.
The device configuration can be done on a PC and requires no special software. To simplify the device configuration and to test the CAN-bus connection, the device supports real-time CAN-bus traffic to be displayed directly on a PC using the USB-connection.
The device uses a standard D-sub 9 connector to connect to the CAN-bus and a removable mini-USB cable to connect to a PC. Refer to the product manual for a connector pinout.
- Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-Bit ID) and 2.0B (29-Bit ID)
- Generic design compatible across protocols
- Plug-and-play installation with bit-rate auto-detection support
- Compact design suitable for stand-alone logging
- Firmware upgradeable
- Extensive configuration possibilities
- Advanced message filtering capabilities
- Configurable cyclic logging mode
- Status heart-beat signal
- Run-time control signal
- Transmit up to 20 custom CAN messages (for use in e.g. logging OBD-II)
- Serial interface to allow real-time CAN-bus monitoring (incl. Wireshark integration via CANvas)
- DBC support for both logged & live data (incl. SAE J1939)
- Built-in OBD2 conversion of live data in Wireshark
- Standard 8 GB internal memory (approximately 250.000.000 messages)
- Extended 32 GB internal memory (approximately 1.000.000.000 messages)
- Free configuration and conversion tool (CANvas)...
- Free firmware updates
- USB drivers
- Introduction, Guides and Articles...
- CAN Logger User Manual (PDF)...
- Preview of a CANLogger1000 example log file...
- CAN Logger Technical Specs (PDF)...
- Functionality: Data logger and real-time CAN interface
- LEDs: Logger status via three externally visible LEDs
- Firmware: Supports free firmware updates for adding features
- Software: Free CANvas software for configuration, streaming & conversion
- Compliance: CE, FCC, IC, RoHS certified
- Standard: Compliant with physical layer standard ISO 11898-2
- Identifiers: Compliant with CAN specifications 2.0A (11-Bit ID) and 2.0B (29-Bit ID)
- Bit Rate: Bit rates up to 1 Mbps (manually configured or automatically detected)
- Bit-rate auto-detection: Yes
- Protocol Support: Protocol independent (i.e. able to log J1939, CANopen, OBD2, ...)
- Filters: Advanced message filtering on four configurable channels
- Silent Mode: Yes (does not affect CAN-bus transmission)
- Fail-Safes: The device does not terminate the CAN-bus internally
- SD Card: 8 GB SD card (can be upgraded to 32 GB)
- Real-Time Clock: No (see instead the CANLogger2000/3000)
- Control Signal: Logging state (enabled/disabled) can be changed run-time using a CAN-bus control message
- Heartbeat Signal: Supports heartbeat signal to periodically indicate logger status
- Cyclic Logging: Supports cyclic logging mode (oldest log file is deleted when file system is full)
- Down Sampling: Channel specific message down-sampling to reduce frequency of logged messages
- Transmit: Transmit up to 20 customized CAN bus messages (e.g. for OBD2 queries)
- File System: Standard FAT file system
- WiFi: No (see the CANLogger3000 instead)
- Power via CAN-bus: Power can be supplied from CAN-bus or from the USB
- Via CAN bus: Power supplied by the CAN bus (+7.0V to +36V DC)
- Protection: Reverse voltage protection on CAN-bus supply; transient voltage pulse protection on CAN-bus supply
- Power via USB: Power supplied by USB (+5.0V DC)
- Current Draw: The CAN-bus connector current draw is approximately 40mA@12V
- Enclosure: Robust, small enclosure
- Dimensions: 66.7 x 42.7 x 23.5 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 45 grams; 1.6 oz.
- Connector: Standard D-sub 9 (DB9) connector (OBD2, J1939 adaptor optional)
- Operating temperature: -20C to +80C
- IP Rating: IP Rating 30