SAE J1939 And OBD-II Data Logger Also Serves As A CAN Bus Interface With Streaming And Monitoring Capabilities
The CANvas software for Windows is a 100% free supporting tool for our CAN Bus Logger series. CANvas provides a full suite of powerful features; below you can learn more about configuration, live streaming and conversion.
The CAN Bus Logger series is plug-and-play so you can log data out of the box. However, it is also highly configurable, and CANvas is a great tool for doing so.
As a new feature, the CAN Bus Logger series is no longer “just” a data logger. It now also serves as a fully functional CAN interface, which means you can live stream CAN bus data directly on your PC. With CANvas, it takes just 2 clicks to start streaming.
The GUI is powered by the World’s most popular network analyzer, Wireshark. But it doesn’t end there: The product is also designed to include a free, open source & powerful plugin for Wireshark to infuse a number of critical CAN bus features.
- Logger ID, data separator, file split limit (e.g. new log every 100 MB)
- Bit rate incl. optional auto-detection and Silent/'Listen Only' mode
- Customizable RTC and date/timestamp format (CL2000/3000)
- Cyclic Logging: Delete oldest files when SD card is full
- Heartbeat Signal: Receive status message every second from the logger
- Control Signal: Optionally use custom trigger CAN ID to turn logging on/off
- Transmit: Add custom CAN messages to be sent periodically (e.g. for OBD2)
- Filtering: Specify message filters & down-sampling to focus your logging
- NEW: For the CAN Bus LOGGER 3000, you can also easily configure the WiFi settings
- NEW: Easily log OBD2 parameters with the built-in database
- NEW: Enable WiFi TimeSync to keep your CL3000 RTCs in sync
- NEW: Split log files based on time (time of day or period)
- NEW: Virtually cap the size of the logger's SD card
- For a quick intro, check out the Youtube video...
- For further deep-dive articles on key features, check out the GUIDES section...
- More information on the CANvas software...
- More information on the CAN Bus Logger series...
Wireshark is the world's most popular network analyzer tool with over 1 million downloads per month. As the Founder of Wireshark University, Laura Chappell is undoubtedly one of the best Wireshark instructors around.
In this updated book, Laura offers step-by-step instructions on the key functions and features of Wireshark, including:
- Filter on addresses, protocols, fields or traffic characteristics
- Create custom columns for more efficient analysis
- Find the source of delays with filters and coloring rules
- Perform unattended captures with auto-stop conditions
- Filter on keywords using wildcards and regular expressions
- Graph and compare user, subnet and application traffic
- Reassemble and extract a file from captured traffic
- Identify DNS and HTTP errors fast
- Export important packet details to .csv format
- ...and more
This book includes 46 step-by-step Labs to quickly bring you up to speed with Wireshark version 2 regardless of whether you are a newbie or already working with Wireshark today!