Seeed Studio CAN Bus Shield For Arduino
Controller Area Network (CAN) is a common industrial and automotive bus with medium communication speed and extremely high reliability. It is commonly found on modern machine tools and automotive diagnostic bus. This CAN BUS Shield uses the MCP2515 CAN Bus controller per SPI interface and the MCP2551 CAN transceiver to provide your Arduino/Seeeduino CAN bus compliance. With an OBD-II converter cable added on and the OBD-II library imported, you are ready to build an onboard diagnostic device or data logger.
- Implements CAN V2.0B at up to 1 Mb/s
- SPI Interface up to 10 MHz
- Standard (11 bit) and extended (29 bit) data and remote frames
- Two receive buffers with prioritized message storage
- Industrial standard 9 pin sub-D connector
- Two LED indicators
- Wiki Page
- Brief Introduction to Controller Area Network
- Controller Area Network Prototyping With Arduino
- SAE J1939 ECU Programming & Vehicle Bus Simulation With Arduino
A Comprehensible Guide to Controller Area Network by Wilfried Voss represents the most thoroughly researched and most complete work on CAN available in the marketplace. Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial network technology that was originally designed for the automotive industry, especially for European cars, but has also become a popular bus in industrial automation as well as other applications. The CAN bus is primarily used in embedded systems, and as its name implies, is a network technology that provides fast communication among microcontrollers up to real-time requirements, eliminating the need for the much more expensive and complex technology of a Dual-Ported RAM. This book provides complete information on all CAN features and aspects combined with a high level of readability. => Read more...