RS232 to RS422 Interface Converter
The gridconenct ATC-101 is a simple RS232 to RS422 converter that is self-powered and uses the TX, RX or RTS, CTS signals for power. The RS232 is a DB9 female connector, while the RS422 side is a DB9 male or 6 position terminal block.
- Manufacturer Part Number: ATC-101
- Power Supply:
- Self powered using TX,RX,RTS,CTS RS232 signals
- Can be powered using +5VDC if RS232 is not strong enough
- Baud Rate: Up to 115 K
- RS232: DB9 Female
- RS422: DB9 Male; 6-position terminal block
- Temperature Range:
- Operating: -25C to + 85C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%
- Transmission Distance: 0 - 1200 m @ 24 AWG
- Dimensions: 88 x 33 x 17 mm
- Serial Interfaces: DB9 Female (DCE), DB9 Male (DTE), Terminal Block
- Serial Types: RS232, RS422
by Jan Axelson
PC COM ports, USB virtual COM ports, and ports in embedded systems are all addressed in this updated guide to programming, interfacing, and using serial ports. Topics include using .NET’s SerialPort class for COM-port communications on PCs; upgrading existing RS-232 designs to USB or wireless networks; and creating serial networks of embedded systems and PCs.
Example circuits and code provide a quick start to projects. Installation and maintenance staff will also find tips for ensuring reliable operation and problem tracking.