EMW3162 WiFi Shield For Arduino
The EMW3162 WIFI Shield for Arduino consists of the base board plus the WiFi module EMW3162 (B). It allows you to connect your Arduino/Nucleo board with the Internet or to your home/office network. Thanks to the EMW3162 WIFI Shield, WiFi communication will become easy for devices that feature the Arduino connectivity.
The WiFi module EMW3162:
- Is as easy to use as an serial module due to the serial transparent transmission firmware.
- Supports high stability.
- Comes with ultra low power consumption, online standby 7mA only.
The base board:
- Is compatible with the Arduino interface, using only the internal UART.
- Works as an Arduino WiFi Shield, connects to Arduino boards like : UNO, Leonardo, Nucleo, Xnucleo, etc.
- Works as an Arduino WiFi board, allows connecting with Arduino shields
- Onboard USB to UART converter FT230XS, for UART debugging and/or firmware updating
- Onboard WiFi TX/RX LEDs, indicating the WiFi communication status
- Supports EasyLink fast matching (instant networking by pushing the SSID and password of the wireless router via smart phone APP)
- Supports one-key recovery to factory setting (no need to flash the firmware for configuration errors)
- Flexible boot mode configuration
- 500mA fast self-recovery fuse, stable and safe
What's on board:
- Arduino interface : for connecting with Arduino boards and/or Arduino shields
- EMW3162 connector : for connecting the WiFi module EMW3162
- EMW3162 extend pin headers : access to the common used pins of EMW3162
- SWD interface : for programming and debugging
- USB TO UART interface : for UART debugging and/or firmware updating
- FT230XS : onboard USB to UART converter
- RT9193-33 : onboard 3.3V regulator
- Fuse : 500mA fast self-recovery fuse
- BOOT switch
- turn to H, the BOOT pin will be connected to 3.3V
- turn to L, the BOOT pin will be connected to GND
- STATUS switch
- turn to H, the STATUS pin will be connected to 3.3V
- turn to L, the STATUS pin will be connected to GND
- WiFi indicator : LEDs for indicating the WiFi communication status
- WPS key
- press the key, the EMW3162 will start WPS matching
- press the key and hold it for 5 seconds, the EMW3162 will recover to factory setting
- EASYLINK key
- press the key, the EMW3162 will start EasyLink matching
- RESET key
- Power indicator
- WiFi serial port configuration jumpers
- connect the WFRX to FTTX, WFTX to FTRX respectively, you can communicate with the EMW3162 through USB TO UART interface
- connect the WFRX to TX, WFTX to RX respectively, you can communicate with the EMW3162 through Arduino interface