- CAN / SAE J1939 OEM Services
CAN / SAE J1939 OEM Services
CAN / SAE J1939 Engineering and Consulting
An important part of our business at Copperhill Technologies is providing custom engineering services and consulting, primarily for Controller Area Network (CAN) and SAE J1939 technologies. Our strengths, skills, and passions include embedded hardware and software development, rapid prototyping, and manufacturing support. We will guide you through the entire project cycle from development to finished product and beyond.
One Prototyping Hardware - Multiple Applications - Customized hardware Within 4 Weeks
Our jBoard-X2 is an embedded system utilizing the vast capabilities of the NXP LPC1768 (ARM Cortex M3) processor. The LPC1768 are Cortex-M3 microcontrollers for embedded applications featuring a high level of integration and low power consumption at frequencies of 100 MHz. Features include up to 512 kB of flash memory, up to 64 kB of data memory plus a great number of interfaces.
We took the basic architecture of the LPC1768 processor and designed the necessary components around it to support interfaces such as two Controller Area Network (CAN) interfaces, two USB ports (one reserved for firmware updating), real-time clock, Ethernet port, RS232, RS485, micro SD card, plus external flash memory for parameter storage (an RS422 version is also available). All this comes with an extended temperature range of -40C to +85C and a power supply range of 7 VDC to 28 VDC (the device can also be powered through the USB port).
The programming is supported by a vast C source code library (including an SAE J1939 protocol stack), supporting all interfaces and enabling a rapid software development process. Please feel free to contact us for more information...
Possible Applications include:
- CAN/SAE J1939 Gateway to USB, RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP/IP)
- CAN/SAE J1939 ECU for data processing and monitoring
- CAN-to-CAN Bridge
- and many more...
We are also preparing:
- CAN / SAE J1939 to Bluetooth
- CAN /SAE J1939 to WiFi
- CAN / SAE J1939 GPS Module
The LPC176x/5x are Cortex-M3 microcontrollers for embedded applications featuring a high level of integration and low power consumption at frequencies of 100 MHz (120 MHz for LPC1769 and 1759). Features include up to 512 kB of flash memory, up to 64 kB of data memory, Ethernet MAC, USB Device/Host/OTG, 8-channel DMA controller, 4 UARTs, 2 CAN channels, 3 SSP/SPI, 3 I2C, I2S, 8-channel 12-bit ADC, 10-bit DAC, motor control PWM, Quadrature Encoder interface, 4 general purpose timers, 6-output general purpose PWM, ultra-low power Real-Time Clock with separate battery supply, and up to 70 general purpose I/O pins. The LPC176x are pin-compatible to the 100-pin LPC236x ARM7 series.
The NXP LPC1700 microcontroller series offers the following features:
- Support for communication peripherals including 10/100 Ethernet, USB On-The-Go/Host/Device and two CAN interfaces, all of which can operate simultaneously and without bus contention
- A true 12-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and 10-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
- Fast-Mode Plus (1 Mb/s) I2C bus, in addition to 4 UARTs, 3 SPI/SSP buses and an I2S bus
- Real-Time Clock operating at less than 1 uA
- A Memory Protection Unit (MPU) allowing memory regions to be defined as read-only and protect them from corruption
- A Quadrature Encoder Interface and Motor Control Pulse Width Modulator (PWM) for flexible, powerful motor control
- Revision 2 Cortex-M3 core with enhanced power down capabilities, including Wake-up Interrupt Controller
- Pin compatibility with the NXP LPC2300 ARM7 microcontrollers series
The board includes:
- Two CAN Bus Interfaces
- One RS232 Port
- One RS485 Port
- On-Board Flash Memory for parameter storage
- One serial interface with CP2102 (USB to RS232 interface, supports ISP download).
- RJ45-10/100M Ethernet network interface (Ethernet PHY: LAN8720A).
- USB 2.0 interface, USB host and USB Device interface.
- TF SD / MMC card (SPI) interface.
- Real-Time Clock
- Two user button, One Reset button and ISP button , one INT0 button, two user-programmable LED lights.
- Serial ISP download, Standard 20-pin JTAG download simulation debugging interface.
- External 7 to 28 VDC supply, external 5 VDC power supply, or USB 5 VDC supply.
- Extended temperature range: -40 ° C to +85 ° C