XMC And PMC CAN Bus interface Board With Four CAN FD Ports
ESD Electronics has expanded their 402 series of CAN boards with two mezzanine systems, XMC and PMC, both providing a CAN Bus interface board with four CAN FD ports. The XMC-CAN/402-4-FD and PMC-CAN/402-4-FD are able to send CAN frames back-to-back over four channels. The interface-boards handle 100 % bus load and support the CAN FD protocol.
These cards are based on the latest version of the company’s Advanced CAN Core (esdACC) technology, certified according to ISO 16845. The FPGA bus mastering and the local data management supports the data transfer to the host memory. Especially with high data rates a reduced host CPU load could be reached.
This also decreases the overall latency of the input and output transactions. Due to the usage of MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) the XMC and PMC boards are recommended for applications of Hypervisor environment, said the company. CAN messages are connected with a 64-bit hardware timestamp. Software drivers for Windows and Linux as well as the ESD CAN-Tools are included free of charge. Other real-time operating systems are available on request.
- High-Speed CAN FD interfaces according to ISO 11898-2, up to 5 Mbit/s
- Bus mastering and local data management by FPGA (esdACC)
- PCI bus according to PCI Local Bus Specification 3.0
- Selectable CAN termination on board
- Supports MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- All I/O signals via 25-pin DSUB in the front panel
CAN FD Breakout Board With SPI Interface
The CAN FD breakout board utilizes the Microchip MCP2517FD CAN FD controller in combination with the MCP2562FD CAN Bus transceiver.
- Conforms to ISO11898-1:2015
- Supports both CAN 2.0B and CAN FD
- Arbitration Bit Rate up to 1 Mbps
- Data Bit Rate up to 8 Mbps
- Up to 10MHz SPI Clock Speed
- 31 FIFOs configurable as transmit or receive
- 32 Flexible Filter and Mask Objects
- One Transmit Queue
- 32-bit Time Stamp
- Bus Health Diagnostics and Error Counters
- Requires 5v supply with 3.3v or 5v logic