Wide Range of Industrial-Strength CAN Bus FD Interface Products
esd electronics has extended their CAN Bus FD (CAN with flexible data rate) product line to cover form factors such as CompactPCI, XMC mezzanine, PMC mezzanine, PCI Express, PCI Express Mini, and a USB gateway. The new boards include the CPCIserial-CAN/402-4-FD, the mezzanine boards XMC-CAN/402-4-FD and PMC-CAN/402-4-FD, the CAN-PCIe/402-FD and the CAN-PCIeMini/402-2-FD as well as the module CAN-USB/400-FD.
- The new board CPCIserial-CAN/402-4-FD (according PICMG 2.0 CompactPCI) has four high-speed CAN FD interfaces conforming to ISO 11898-2. All of the interfaces are accessible at the front panel via a 25-pole DSUB plug.
- Likewise, the mezzanine boards XMC-CAN/402-4-FD and PMC-CAN/402-4-FD are equipped with four CAN FD ports. They are able to send CAN frames back-to-back and can handle full bus load.
- The interface board CAN-PCIe/402-FD comes in various versions. It is available either as PCIe or PCI and provides one or two CAN FD interfaces. Furthermore esd electronics offers a low profile version and an option without electrical isolation. The independently operating CAN FD networks are according to ISO 11898-1:2015.
- The extremely compact size of the CAN-PCIeMini/402-2-FD is ideal for use of CAN FD interfaces in MiniPCs, hat rail mounted PCs and embedded systems. This card is an Add-In PCI Express Full-Mini-board and provides two CAN FD interfaces.
- For notebooks and laptops there is an external component available, the CAN-USB/400-FD, which offers two CAN FD interfaces via USB.
All esd electronics CAN Bus FD interface boards are controlled by the high performance esd Advanced CAN Core, esdACC, implemented in an Altera®-FPGA. With the esdACC, the boards support Bus Mastering. Write cycles in the direction of the host memory can be realized, regardless of the CPU or the system's DMA controller. This reduces the host load and overall latency.
The boards support MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts) and are equipped with a switchable internal CAN termination. Using MSIs make these boards perfect for hypervisor environments. The CAN messages are linked to a high resolution 64-Bit hardware timestamp.
Arduino-Based ECU Development Board With Dual CAN Bus Interface
Leverage the power of an ARM Cortex M3 32-bit processing capability in combination with a dual CAN Bus interface to create your next CAN Bus or SAE J1939 application or prototype. By combining our dual CAN port interface, the Arduino DUE microcontroller, an OBD2 or SAE J1939 cable, and open-source software libraries you are ready to go with powerful a turn-key Arduino-based dual CAN bus solution.
Use the vast resources of Arduino software (sketches) and hardware components (shields) to create your CAN Bus, OBD2, or SAE J1939 application.
Possible applications include:
- CAN to USB Gateway and Protocol Converter
- CAN to Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth) Gateway
- SAE J1939 Gateway and Protocol Converter
- CAN Data Logger
- CAN Bridge (connecting 2 CAN networks, even at different baud rates)
- CAN Analyzer (in combination with a suitable Windows program)
- SAE J1939 Data Monitoring
- CAN Bus ECU Prototyping
- SAE J1939 ECU Prototyping