IoT (Internet of Things) Projects for Arduino, Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the inter-networking of physical devices, vehicles (also referred to as "connected devices" and "smart devices"), buildings, and other items embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity which enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
The Internet of Things:Do-It-Yourself at Home Projects for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and BeagleBone Black gets you started working with the most popular processing platforms and wireless communication technologies to connect devices and systems to the Internet using sensors.
You will learn the basics of object-oriented programming and relational databases so you can complete your projects with ease.
Each project features a list of required tools and components, how-to explanations with photos and illustrations, and complete programming code.
Take advantage of the power and versatility of the IoT with help from this practical, easy-to-follow guide.
Inventive DIY projects include:
- Home temperature monitoring system
- Raspberry Pi home weather station
- Webcam and Raspberry Pi camera
- Internet-enabled, Arduino-powered garage door opener
- Arduino irrigation control system
- Arduino lighting controller
- BeagleBone Black message controller
- BeagleBone Black temperature sensor with cloud service
- Machine-to-Machine communications
Raspberry Pi 3 System With CAN Bus Interface
Our Raspberry Pi 3 System With CAN Bus Interface (PiCAN2) comes with a pre-installed Raspbian operating system.
The PiCAN2 board provides Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus capabilities for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver. Connection are made via DB9 or 3-way screw terminal.
There is an easy-to-install SocketCAN driver, and programming can be accomplished in C or Python.
The enclosure is a two part clip together plastic enclosure for use with the PiCAN2 board and the Raspberry Pi 2/3. The enclosure is made from High Impact Polystyrene HIPS UL94-HB material. Mounting flanges allow for wall mounting.
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model B, 1 GB RAM.
- Raspberry Pi 8GB Preloaded (NOOBS) SD Card - SanDisk Extreme 8GB microSDHC UHS-1 with speed up to 48 MB/sec.
- PiCAN2 - CAN Bus Interface for Raspberry Pi.
- The enclosure is made from High Impact Polystyrene HIPS UL94-HB material. Mounting flanges allow for wall mounting.