Evaluation Carrier Board For COM Express Type 7 Modules Simplifies Server-On-Module Design
congatec launched a COM Express Type 7 quick starter set to support the fundamental basis for OEM’s modular micro server designs. The quick starter set simplifies the evaluation of a server-on-modules designed in accordance to PICMG’s COM Express Type 7 standard.
The set is suited for the design of Industry 4.0 micro servers communicating in real-time, redundant fog servers, and transcoding cloudlets at the edge of carrier-grade infrastructures typically operating on a massive scale. It targets commercial temperature (0°C to 60°C) as well as extended temperature ranges (-40C to +85°C) for rooftop and public transportation installations and is universally applicable. With 4x 10 Gbit and 1x 1 Gbit Ethernet, 4x USB 3.0 and baseboard management controller providing VGA, iKVM and virtual storage the congatec evaluation carrier board can be utilized at any test designer’s standard workspace.
The congatec conga-X7/EVAL evaluation carrier board for COM Express Type 7 server-on-modules features 4x 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ interfaces, which can be equipped with optical (XFP) or copper transceivers, as well as a Gigabit Ethernet port. For server extensions, the board executes 32 PCI Express lanes via 1x PCIe x16, 1x PCIe x8 and 2x PCIe x4 slots. Further extensions include 4x USB 3.0/2.0 and a COM port. Its Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) features include an integrated board management controller, adding 1x VGA for local displays as well as iKVM to transport keyboard, video and mouse signals over LAN for remote management. For SSDs or HDDs, there are 2x SATA Gen3 interfaces and the already mentioned PCIe lanes which support NVMe for fast mass storage devices. Further features include 1x LPC header, 1x I2C bus, 1x SM bus, 1x 8 Bit GPIO and fan control. The power supply supports ATX PSUs as well as 12 VDC plain via banana jacks. For custom designs, congatec provides the PCB schematics and bill of materials to registered customers.
- 32x PCIe lanes (1x PCIe (3.0) x16
- 1x PCIe(3.0)x8 | 5th lane shared with BMC | 2x PCIe (3.0) x4)
- 2x SATA Gen3
- 1x LPC header
- 1x I²C Bus | 1x SM Bus | 1x GPIO
- 1x FAN control
- 4x USB 3.0/2.0 | 4th USB2.0 shared with BMC
- 1x VGA connecting DB-15 | 1x COM port from module
- 4x 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ | 1x Gbe RJ45
- Download/View the congatec X7EVAL Evaluation Carrier Board data sheet (PDF)...
- Download/View the congatec X7EVAL Evaluation Carrier Board hardware manual (PDF)...
- More Information...
Raspberry Pi 3 System With CAN Bus Interface
Our Raspberry Pi 3 System With CAN Bus Interface (PiCAN2) comes with a pre-installed Raspbian operating system.
The PiCAN2 board provides Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus capabilities for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller with MCP2551 CAN transceiver. Connection are made via DB9 or 3-way screw terminal.
There is an easy-to-install SocketCAN driver, and programming can be accomplished in C or Python.
The enclosure is a two part clip together plastic enclosure for use with the PiCAN2 board and the Raspberry Pi 2/3. The enclosure is made from High Impact Polystyrene HIPS UL94-HB material. Mounting flanges allow for wall mounting.
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model B, 1 GB RAM.
- Raspberry Pi 8GB Preloaded (NOOBS) SD Card - SanDisk Extreme 8GB microSDHC UHS-1 with speed up to 48 MB/sec.
- PiCAN2 - CAN Bus Interface for Raspberry Pi.
- The enclosure is made from High Impact Polystyrene HIPS UL94-HB material. Mounting flanges allow for wall mounting.