CAN FD Kit With Dual CAN FD Transceiver, Ethernet, And RS232C Interface
NXP has announced their OM13094 LPCXpresso54618 CAN-FD kit. It provides a dual CAN/CAN-FD transceiver for use with CAN-enabled LPCXpresso V3-style boards. The board features the NXP TJA1059 dual transceiver, plus an EIA-232C transceiver. The module is compatible with all the LPCXpresso546xx boards (although LPCXpresso54608 only supports Classical CAN, not CAN FD). Jumpers are used to enable or disable CAN termination resistors. The CAN Bus connection is established per two 9-pin DSUB connectors.
The LPCXpresso54618 CAN FD kit features an LPC54618 MCU with an on-board debug probe, and a daughter board (also known as a shield board) with the above described CAN FD shield. The on-board probe is compatible with MCUXpresso IDE and other tool-chains such as those from Keil and IAR. The board is also equipped with a 10-pin header enabling the use of third-party debug probes. Note that CAN FD drivers are not included in SDK2.2 library, but are available as a separate download.
- On-board, high-speed USB, Link2 debug probe with CMSIS-DAP and SEGGER J-Link protocol options
- UART and SPI port bridging from LPC54618 target to USB via the on-board debug probe
- Support for external debug probe
- 3 x user LEDs, plus Reset, ISP (3) and user buttons
- Multiple Expansion options, including Arduino UNO and PMod
- Built-in power consumption measurement for target LPC54618 MCU
- 128Mb Micron MT25QL128 Quad-SPI flash
- 16MB Micron MT48LC8M16A2B4 SDRAM
- Knowles SPH0641LM4H digital microphone
- Full size SD/MMC card slot
- NXP MMA8652FCR1 accelerometer
- Stereo audio codec with line in/out
- High and full speed USB ports with micro A/B connector for host or device functionality
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet (RJ45 connector)
- Shield board with dual CAN/CAN-FD transceiver (TJA1059) and RS232C transceiver
CAN Bus FD Board With Real-Time Clock For Raspberry Pi
The PiCAN FD board provides CAN Bus FD (Flexible Data Rate) capability for the Raspberry Pi 3. It uses the Microchip MCP2517FD CAN FD controller with MCP2562FD CAN transceiver. Developed by Bosch, CAN with Flexible Data-Rate (CAN FD) is an extension to the original CAN protocol as specified in ISO 11898-1 that responds to increased bandwidth requirements in automotive networks.
Connections are made via DB9 or 4 way screw terminal. The board is also available with a 5v 1A SMPS that can power the RPi as well via the screw terminal or DB9 connector.
A real time clock with battery back up (battery not included) is also on the board. There is an easy-to-install SocketCAN driver, and programming can be done in C or Python.